Free shuttles into town in Baltic ports

Travrat

O did not provide free shuttles when we were there, but there is public transport and you can walk it, though it is a bit of a walk.

BTW, though we usually use private tours, we took the 1/2 day ship's tour in Tallinn, and then went back to wander around for a little while on our own.

I think there's a thread on shuttles in general somewhere in this (Oceania) section. In general, though, Oceania does not offer shuttles. In fact, I don't remember a single one, at least not free, on any of the cruises we've been on. Then again, one poster did mention that last year there was a shuttle to Gydnia, near the train station that people use to get to Gdansk. I was surprised to see that information - although it may have been a Gydnia-provided shuttle; not sure.

I think there's a thread on shuttles in general somewhere in this (Oceania) section. In general, though, Oceania does not offer shuttles. In fact, I don't remember a single one, at least not free, on any of the cruises we've been on. Then again, one poster did mention that last year there was a shuttle to Gydnia, near the train station that people use to get to Gdansk. I was surprised to see that information - although it may have been a Gydnia-provided shuttle; not sure.

"O" does provide shuttles now in about 50 ports and I think they are free.

"O" does provide shuttles now in about 50 ports and I think they are free.

That's great! I'm surprised. I must be going on the wrong itineraries! Of course, if the shuttle is provided by the port or town itself, that's not really what I think of as an Oceania shuttle! But whatever it is, and whoever arranges it, I like it! I've just never experienced it!

Someone has just confirmed that there are a number of shuttles in the Baltic - wonderful! They are not, of course, sponsored by Oceania, but the port or port city instead. More info is in the thread that roberts2005 mentioned.

Does Oceania provide shuttle service into Tallinn Old Town?

We were on Nautica in June 2012 and YES, O did provide a free shuttle to and from steps from Old Town Tallinn. It ran about every half hour or so from the end of dock. Also, at the end of the dock is a small port shop with free WiFi service. Many passengers went back to get their iPads to take advantage of the free Wifi.

Also, in Old Town Tallinn there was a Mc Donalds with free WiFi if anyone is interested.

I am just off the 10 day Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise on the Marina.

O provided shuttles in Ronne, Gdynia, Tallinn, and Helsinki. Warnemunde, Visby, and Riga were all walkable right from the boat. In Helsinki, I noticed a Seabourn or Raddison ship docked right in the town area. So I guess if you were one of the smaller ships from O, you might be able to do this as well. BTW, O would stress these shuttles were run by the ports, and they were not responsible for time or schedule deviations.

Hi Tinandnancy,

Doing the same cruise 1 year from now. Any recommendations about the ports would be greatly appreciated. How was the weather and the sun setting so late?

Thanks,

Lenbro

I am just off the 10 day Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise on the Marina.

O provided shuttles in Ronne, Gdynia, Tallinn, and Helsinki. Warnemunde, Visby, and Riga were all walkable right from the boat. In Helsinki, I noticed a Seabourn or Raddison ship docked right in the town area. So I guess if you were one of the smaller ships from O, you might be able to do this as well. BTW, O would stress these shuttles were run by the ports, and they were not responsible for time or schedule deviations.

Tim and Nancy - I will be on this cruise soon and have some questions about the ports. Are you willing to try to answer some questions? If so, I'll post them back here, or you can email me on howardruthalliejoey@gmail.com

Archived