Need help with wine package

dutchess43

I would like some information as to how the wine package works. I know that you get 20% off if you order 6-8 bottles. My question is do they offer the selection of wine choices or can it be off of any bottles you choose as along as it falls into the 6-8 bottles class?

I would like some information as to how the wine package works. I know that you get 20% off if you order 6-8 bottles. My question is do they offer the selection of wine choices or can it be off of any bottles you choose as along as it falls into the 6-8 bottles class?

The latter. You get to pick which wines you want. You do this when you purchase the package. They give you little slips of paper that you bring to the dining room, specialty restaurant etc. and redeem.

In years past you were able to select from any wine on board. The last two cruises, there was a select list that you had to pick from. None of them were our favorites, so we were forced to purchase by the bottle.

I agree. I found it better to just get the wine I wanted that was not on their selected list. I found it to be cheaper than to purchase the more expensive ones on the list with the discount. When you board the ship look at the offer and then compare to the wine list. They will give it to you if you ask.

I remember the staff pushing the wine package the 1st couple of days. You had to select from what I would consider an overpriced list of mediocre wines. The "new" 2012 posted wine list contain wines that are marked up dramatically. :(

I would gladly bring my own quality wine and pay the $15 corkage.

Archived