Can I rent a scooter or moped in Nassau?/ If yes, where??

Jcavi79

when you do, be VERY SURE that you verify working brakes - on both the front and back! you'll get plenty of warnings from your cruise director about this - but take 'em seriously! last time i rented in nassau - back in '99 - i ended-up doing the flintstone "yaba-daba-doo" routine whenever i needed to stop (i.e. feet pushing against mother earth praying i'd stop before i hit something).

but, yeah, once you get off the ship you can't help but run into folk who'll be barking at you to please come rent from them... you can't miss them!

They're right at the pier, outside the terminal building to your right, but at least in January, they were old beat up pieces of junk that I wouldn't want anything to do with! They really need to invest in some new ones once in a while!!!

I was in Nassau on VOS May 8 , 2005. They still have the scooters by the pier and it was $40 day to rent them. The scooters seemed to be very new and clean..... but unfortunately i didn't get to do that since i had a Stingray excursion planned for that day.

Well maybe next time.

They're right at the pier, outside the terminal building to your right, but at least in January, they were old beat up pieces of junk that I wouldn't want anything to do with! They really need to invest in some new ones once in a while!!!

TrentS - I seen where you posted about Nassua in Jan...was this on a cruise? What was the weather like in the carb this time of year?? cruising rough? looking at booking for Jan 1 Valor??? Any thoughts would be great from anyone!!!

TrentS - I seen where you posted about Nassua in Jan...was this on a cruise? What was the weather like in the carb this time of year?? cruising rough? looking at booking for Jan 1 Valor??? Any thoughts would be great from anyone!!!

Yes, that January stop was on a cruise on Navigator of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. I always go to that general area in December or January, and the weather that time of year is almost always spectacular in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, but in Florida and the Bahamas it can go either way - If a cold front comes down it can be cool but then again it can also be spectacular, you just never know.

The seas are normally very calm that time of year. Of all the years I've done that route at that time of year only once has it been somewhat rough, and it really wasn't very bad at all, there was just more movement than usual. Overall it's really a great time of year to go, IMO the best time of year to go!

Archived