Summit cabin suggestions....help, please!

firstcruiserDB

If you go Sky Suite, 6146 or 6145 are the way to go. Large bathrooms and you get the staff that service the penthouse as those rooms adjoin the penthouse suites.

Booked 6146 once- had to do it one year in advance! Then upgraded to a Celebrity suite for a very reasonable amount a couple of weeks before the cruise. The 6146 and 6145 are prime locations- and hard to get! Lucky couple got our 6146 when we upgraded- they were so happy as were we!

Pretty experienced cruisers /First time cruisers on Celebrity......

If you could have your choice of cabin on the Summit (category and placement on ship), what would you choose??? Please include why....

Thanks to you all for your responses. We need all the help we can get. We'll be booking in the next day or so.

If we go back on the Summit (and we would JUST for this room) it would be cabin 1056. It's in the AFT of the ship and the balcony is HUGE. At least 10'x 20'. You can even google it for pictures. The room MADE the trip!

The smoking section discussion alarms me. My family is booked in 8153, and we are sensitive non smokers. Are we in proximity to the smoking?

8153 is across from the Rear Elevator and stairs. No where near the aft cabins that may be affected from the smoking area. Smoking is on the port side aft.

Enjoy. I am sailing on 9/21/13 in 8147 which is only a few cabins forward.

Pretty experienced cruisers /First time cruisers on Celebrity......

We are looking for a change, and we need your help! The Celebrity Summit to Bermuda looks good to us, but we are having a tough time deciding which category of cabin would be best for us. Vacation planners at Celebrity haven't been exactly helpful in our choice of cabins! CC posters have always been SO helpful that I thought I'd ask here....

We love the Aft cabins best, but are also open to mid-ship. I think I can safely say we'd be interested in the Aqua cabins, a Sky Suite, or a Celebrity Suite.

If you could have your choice of cabin on the Summit (category and placement on ship), what would you choose??? Please include why....

Thanks to you all for your responses. We need all the help we can get. We'll be booking in the next day or so.

Having sailed on the summit, twice before, one coming up my choice would definately be a Celebrity Suite. You get a small apartment, bedroom, living dining room and plenty of storage. The 6th, 7th or 8th deck work the best. The CS are near the elevator and the cabin is great!! As a second option, a Sky Suite. One on the Penthouse deck. The suites next to the Penthouse on 6, have wonderful huge bathrooms with a tub and stall shower. You also have the same staff as the Penthouse and Royal Suites have.

If your budget isn't up to the above, try either a CC class close to the middle of the ship, with cabins above and cabins below. If you want to dine in Blu, try an Aqua class cabin. I would suggest not on the 11 deck as those might sway in rough seas- deck 9 best- check to be sure you aren't below a potentially noisy site- We were in an Aqua class cabin below the adult pool with an extended balcony and it was also fine.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are just off Summit as well, we had 8181, a corner aft family ocean view veranda. The room was huge, and the balcony was ridiculous!if you can snag on of the corner aft rooms, the room will spoil you for all future cruises...:D

We are just off Summit as well, we had 8181, a corner aft family ocean view veranda. The room was huge, and the balcony was ridiculous!if you can snag on of the corner aft rooms, the room will spoil you for all future cruises...:D

Can you reserve with only two people? No soot or motion issues?

Can you reserve with only two people? No soot or motion issues?

We reserved it with 3, our 14 month old... No problem, it was through a travel agent and done 6 ,months ahead of time.

No soot at all. There was some motion on the way home from Bermuda, but nothing we didn't feel from anywhere we were on the ship...

A little noise from the aft bar above, but the noise from the wake drowned most of the bar music away, and it was only when there was the steel drummer playing live. Other times, nothing from above...

Best balcony we will probably ever have...

We had a Celebrity Suite on the Summit 7 day cruise out of San Juan. It was very nice and the recently added balcony (although very narrow) was a plus. There wasn't enough width for footrests.

The view from the hump (floor to ceiling window) was very nice. As many others have noted, the jetted bathtub sits very high and there is a trick to safely getting in and out of it - especially if you are short. I am 5'2" tall and managed it ok.

There was plenty of storage and having a full size dining table and chairs was nice. We had breakfast delivered to our room and even dinner a couple of times. The butler was terrific and helped set up for an impromptu party for us (brought appetizers and several extra wine glasses - then cleaned up afterward.)

We were Select on Celebrity and were pleasantly surprised to find envelopes with Elite coupons waiting for us in our room. We asked the butler about this and he explained that it's standard practice for suite passengers to get Elite coupons - even if they are not that level.

We didn't dine in Blu but know that it was an option. With 6 ports on a 7 day cruise, the time just flew by. I wish we had the suite on a longer cruise.

Whatever cabin you choose, I hope you enjoy Celebrity as much as we have.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for this great information ... my family and I just booked 1140 and 1138 on the Summit for next summer (25th wedding anniversary!!!). We were told we can open the partitions of the balconies, but that partition for 1140 looks huge.

Did you and your friends open the partition and if so, how was it with cabin 1140?

Thank you for your help.

Bonnie

hi Bonnie

we had all 5 aft cabins . and yes, opened all the balconies- they only open about a doors width and it is at the part of the partion that is close to the cabin balcony doors..

So, its not like one big giant balcony when you open them - ...

Have to make rules if you are sleeping with your balcony door open, because that is where the openings are - Worked great for our group -and loved the location and the stairs right down to the bar and buffet.

Enjoy

Sandy

Celebrity Summit with the new upgrades is my favorite ship! I am looking to be on it again hopefully in December. Just trying to decide on the ports.

We had the Sky Suite mid-ship and enjoyed it tremendously. The location was great because we only had to walk up one flight to get our meals. However, the services were fantastic with the butler & crew! The closets and drawer spaces were very much appreciated. The room had more than enough storage space along with a large bathroom.

We ate in the Blu Restaurant each night except for once in the MDR. Food was the best.

• 1 month later...

We may book this cabin for next year. Can you tell me the sleeping arrangements? I have heard conflicting info -- Celebrity is saying 2 sofa beds (1 sleeps 1, and the other sleeps 2). I have also heard there is only 1 sofa bed, and that rollaways have to be brought in to accommodate other 2 people). Thanks for your input.

We may book this cabin for next year. Can you tell me the sleeping arrangements? I have heard conflicting info -- Celebrity is saying 2 sofa beds (1 sleeps 1, and the other sleeps 2). I have also heard there is only 1 sofa bed, and that rollaways have to be brought in to accommodate other 2 people). Thanks for your input.

The aft cabins have wonderful decks. They give you good coverage along with good room for 'sunning'. You will love any of them. There should be pictures of them somewhere on here. You might try a search.

• 3 months later...