Celebrating Honeymoon?

I'm pretty sure the answer to my question is "nothing", but I'm curious anyway... I booked online and it asked if we were celebrating something, so I put that it's our honeymoon(we got married in March of this year and are taking our honeymoon January 2013 for this cruise!). I got a price drop on our cruise, and the wonderful customer service rep from RCI noticed the note about it being our honeymoon and asked if we can set a date during the cruise that we would like to celebrate it. It didn't make a difference to me, so she said she would put it down that we were celebrating our cruise on the 2nd night, which is formal night, and just make sure we were in the MDR that night.

My question is... what does 'celebrating a honeymoon' entail? I am assuming it just means our server may say congratulations to us and nothing really happens, but I'm curious. Does RCI do anything fancy for these special occasions like honeymoons, anniversaries, and birthdays?

I'm pretty sure the answer to my question is "nothing", but I'm curious anyway... I booked online and it asked if we were celebrating something, so I put that it's our honeymoon(we got married in March of this year and are taking our honeymoon January 2013 for this cruise!). I got a price drop on our cruise, and the wonderful customer service rep from RCI noticed the note about it being our honeymoon and asked if we can set a date during the cruise that we would like to celebrate it. It didn't make a difference to me, so she said she would put it down that we were celebrating our cruise on the 2nd night, which is formal night, and just make sure we were in the MDR that night.

My question is... what does 'celebrating a honeymoon' entail? I am assuming it just means our server may say congratulations to us and nothing really happens, but I'm curious. Does RCI do anything fancy for these special occasions like honeymoons, anniversaries, and birthdays?

Maybe a special desert with a candle.

In January 2011 I was on Voyager for my honeymoon. On this particular ship there was a card waiting in your room that told you of the honeymoon party they would be having. Unfortunately we had late seating at dinner and it was scheduled on the first formal night. Our dinner started at 8:00 and the party was at 9:00 so we never made it. I still have the invite and it says:

"The Staff of the Voyager of the Seas would like to wish you both a Happy Honeymoon and cordially invite you to attend our Honeymooners's Party!

Day 2, The Vault, Located on Deck 3 at 9:00

Join John, Your activities manager and Joanna, your cruise program administrator as we enjoy honeymooner's cake and champagne. "

As for sitting in the MDR, maybe they have changed up what they do! I did talk to another couple who went to the party and said there was about 20 other couples that made it but all it was was eating the cake and drinking champagne. Maybe they will do something exciting for yours! Be sure to let us know if it's something amazing! :D

You got it right...it means nothing. Try to get a larger table in the dining room...the other folks at your table will congratulate you....just enjoy yourselves...you've started on a new life, and it's a great life if each of you is flexible and really cares about each other. Marriage is a compromise.....for each of you...the better you are at yielding, the better your marriage will be. Of course, BOTH of you must be flexible...doesn't work if only one of you is willing to compromise!

We were married Nov 11, 2011 and left the next afternoon on the Oasis. We had the reservation marked for celebrating our honeymoon and scheduled date for celebration. Nothing happened. We did receive, earlier that week, a free upgrade from a JS to a Crown Loft Suite! I don't know if that was because of our honeymoon or because that was the 1st of 4 cruises that we had booked with RCI. The free upgrade was the best gift or surprise they could have given us!

Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!! We did try out for the Love & Marriage Show and made it on stage. We WON!! One of the gifts was a free set of Cariloha sheets from the store in Cozumel. $150 bamboo sheets! WE LOVE THEM!!

Thanks for the replies(and advice for marriage ;))! I guess we'll have to see what it entails... Maybe there is a 'honeymooners party', or maybe we'll just get dessert with a candle in it. (I'm not holding out on the whole upgrade thing, lol) Honestly, I'd just be happy with a congrats! I'm just super excited to cruise!

We sailed on the FOS for our honeymoon in May. When we reserved and told them it was our honeymoon they told us we would have a cake on the formal night. Formal night came, mentioned it to our waiter and he said there was no record of having a cake. Oh well...not a big deal to us as we just had what ever the dessert was in the MDR that night. There was also a honeymooners get together one night, but we opted not to go to it so I can't comment on it. We also got the just married decorations for our room. They were around $30, which was a bit expensive for paper decorations, but we felt it was worth it! We even kept the door sign for our bedroom door at home!

Enjoy your cruise and your honeymoon!

We went on the Allure for our honeymoon and attended the honeymoon party. We won a necklace valued at ~$500! My wife wasn't a fan so we brought it to our local jeweler to trade it in and he wouldn't give us $1! We were more amused then anything but we will never be shopping at Diamonds International...

We got married in late august of last year and the next week went on our honeymoon cruise. We had a card in our room, chocolate covered strawberries, we were invited to the Honeymooners party and we had dinner one night in Chops and they sang to us there with a cake.

A lot of small things but it was nice. At the Honeymooners party, there was over 50 couples celebrating their honeymoon but we didnt stay long. They had cake, dancing and champagne.

We went on the Allure for our honeymoon and attended the honeymoon party. We won a necklace valued at ~$500! My wife wasn't a fan so we brought it to our local jeweler to trade it in and he wouldn't give us $1! We were more amused then anything but we will never be shopping at Diamonds International...

Can you please talk to my wife,who fell for the jewelry show nonsense hook, line and sinker??? :mad: :D

We had a similar experience last year: honeymoon party, chance to audition for Love and Marriage Game (didn't make it). But was picked for the cake decorating contest and our mdr table got to celebrate our honeymoon with it at dinner that night and the head waiter/some wait staff crew sang to us.

It was cool. I wasn't expecting a huge deal to be made.

Archived