First Time Cruisers 2 Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica

Hello everyone,

We are first time cruisers heading out on Nov 25 from Galveston on the Mariner of the Seas and we are trying to find out info on what cor_shoreexcursions_hdr2.gif people suggest. We are a family of 3 (my husband pdmedic and myself and our then 12 yr old son) we are all scuba divers (our son is going through his classes right now) and we have heard that people don't suggest wondering about Jamaica. So we are looking at Jamaica foreaday Falmouth at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort

& Spa and we were wondering if anyone has been here and what their thoughts were? We have read a lot of reviews that say the resort is good but to get your own taxi?

We have also heard of Diving at Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman and would love more info from those who has done this dive. What boat/company you went with? What suggestion do you have for a first time visitors to GC?

Which of course bring us to our last stop (though I think it is actually our first on the cruise) is Cozumel and what we should expect here. I have heard both that you shouldn't free roam Cozumel and that it is ok to what do other suggest? Also looking for a fun filled day at Cozumel not really into shopping but would love to do scuba diving or perhaps see the ruins. Have discovered XPLOR-All Inclusive Adventure - CZL3 and wonder what people have to say about this event. Also saw that the vehicles are only two seaters is this true or is there place for a 3?

Thank you for all your help

We've done Stingray City (a long time ago) with Soto in Grand Cayman. Diving with them is pretty cool. The water is shallow - maybe 15 feet deep. You are on your knees on the bottom with food to feed the rays. They swirl around your head - loved it! Grand Cayman has wonderful visibility. We were there 10 days, diving 9 of those days - beautiful sea life & the people are friendly.

Cozumel - the most fun thing we've done there is Passion Island by Twister boat. You can find videos on youtube that others have posted. The boat ride is a blast & Passion Island is small & quiet with buffet included in your excursion price. I don't know if you can book it outside the cruiseline or not.

Jamaica - we did Dunn's River Falls. I enjoyed climbing the falls except when you go with the ship masses, you have to hold hands & it is very crowded. A fellow cruiser advised booking that on your own so that you arrive before the ship's masses & you can go up when it's not so crowded. I haven't wandered around in Jamaica, so I don't know anything else.

Which of course bring us to our last stop (though I think it is actually our first on the cruise) is Cozumel and what we should expect here. I have heard both that you shouldn't free roam Cozumel and that it is ok to what do other suggest? Also looking for a fun filled day at Cozumel not really into shopping but would love to do scuba diving or perhaps see the ruins. Have discovered XPLOR-All Inclusive Adventure - CZL3 and wonder what people have to say about this event. Also saw that the vehicles are only two seaters is this true or is there place for a 3?

Thank you for all your help

Just did the Oasis and Cozumel.

Cozumel is now one of my favorite ports. It is convenient, and there are so many things to do, tough to decide.

I would recommend you check out the Cozumel Port of Call threads, do your research, and have fun.

We did America's Cup Yacht Race in the morning, then hired a private driver to tour the East Coast.

Great day in Coz, really enjoyed it. Also found the people incredibly cordial, had a lot of fun with them.

Just did the Oasis and Cozumel.

Cozumel is now one of my favorite ports. It is convenient, and there are so many things to do, tough to decide.

I would recommend you check out the Cozumel Port of Call threads, do your research, and have fun.

We did America's Cup Yacht Race in the morning, then hired a private driver to tour the East Coast.

Great day in Coz, really enjoyed it. Also found the people incredibly cordial, had a lot of fun with them.

What did think about the Yaht Race? I have heard good things about the one in St. Maarten, but always opted for a day at the beach.

We're going back to Cozumel in 2013 and considered this or Nachi Cocum beach resort.

What did think about the Yaht Race? I have heard good things about the one in St. Maarten, but always opted for a day at the beach.

We're going back to Cozumel in 2013 and considered this or Nachi Cocum beach resort.

ACYR was beyond fantastic. If interested, I have pictures of it in my review, linked in my sig. We also did it in St. Martin, one of my all time favorite excursions.

In Coz, you can do it in the morning, be done way before noon, then get the whole afternoon to do another adventure. We then toured the East side, had another great time doing that.

Loved COZ!

Archived