review-Just got back fr a cruise with exbf-update

slam0626

Before I get into what happened with the ex. The cruise was alright sometimes I got a little stir crazy on the ship esp on sea days I got a little bored sometimes. My neighbors on the ship kept slamming their balcony door and it was driving me nuts I was ready to throw them off the ship. LOL The food on the ship was alright not as good as a German cruise I went on in 2004 and the steakhouse was def worth it. I just weighed myself I gained 7 lbs ouch I'm going on a diet LOL

I don't know if I wanna go on such a long cruise next time and I think I kinda prefer to just fly somewhere instead on cruising. I'm def not gonna plan a trip with a guy I'm more than friends with ever again well I guess unless I'm married. LOL

So for those of you wondering what happened to me on this cruise I just wanted to give you an update. So I was on the Carnival Freedom just got back this morning from Ft Lauderdale the cruise ended Sunday. For those of you who didn't read my original post a guy I was seeing for 5m told me he wanted to just be friends 2 weeks before our cruise. I was asking for advice on what I should do.

So the cruise wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be it WAS NOT the most miserable week of my life I actually had an alright time with him esp since I beat him in air hockey several times. We ate every meal together on the ship. The first few days in Ft Lauderdale was awkward but I decided to be the bigger person. I'm glad I atleast went with someone even him and not alone because I think I'd be bored. I didn't see many ppl my age to chat with and it seemed like alot of ppl were there with their families or spouses and I didn't want to intrude on their family time. I did talk to a few ppl but not tons.

We did have some discussions about us because I had unanswered questions. I made the best out of a bad situation and didn't act bitchy or sad most of the time. When I did cry he never saw it. Of course I'm still upset he doesn't want to be with me and I know I just have to move on. This experience will make me stronger and hopefully I will be smarter the next time I meet someone. I realized no matter how much it hurts I can't control what ppl do but I can control how I react to them and I'd be damned if I'm gonna let his stupid actions ruin my vacation and life. its time to let it go and move on! Funny thing happened in St Thomas we went on a taxi and I didn't realize this until I after I got off the taxi that there was a bumper sticker on the back of the taxi and it read "LIGMO Let it go move on" I took a pic of it and it must be a sign from GOD.

I don't believe I put this in the other post but right before he told me he wanted to just be friends he went home visiting family and he slept with someone else but then said she has nothing to do with this and that he's ending things with me because I was getting too emotionally attached, he wants to be single and didn't want to answer to anyone but he's answering to her now what a hypocrit. I found out the day before the cruise they are seeing eachother. Have the balls to say u DIDN'T want a relationship with ME not that u didn't want one period. I keep wrecking my brain wondering why but there's no point to try to figure out why he decided to do this to me it's gonna drive me crazy so I need to just move on. I will never make this same mistake again.

"To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

- Confucius"

oh wow..i was just thinking about your original post the other day.

I am glad it worked out for YOU.

"This too shall pass"

So when are you going to plan your next cruise?:D:p

yeah the cruise with him worked out better than expected it wasn't the best week of my life but I did enjoy my time for the most part. took like 1000 pics LOL

I don't know I've had such a bad experience the last 2 cruises maybe I need to not go with guys I'm dating and just go with family and friends. But I felt rushed going to the ports I think I'd rather just fly somewhere instead. I'm thinking Australia for 2 weeks but I don't know.

Good for you!! You will get throught this and be a better and stronger person for it!! You can not change other people's behavior only the way you respond to it -- and you are doing a great job. Give yourself time to heal....you will be better for it!!!

Make sure to take another cruise- WITHOUT the ex. I cannot even imagine being in that situation. I really hope you didn't pay for his cruise! With the right people you may enjoy cruising more. Hang in there!

I know this is none of my business, but I am wondering how the new GF felt about her bf cruising with his ex?

Do you think she really would have minded knowing that nothing was going to happen after the way he hurt her so??? I would think new gf should be happy old gf didn't push his sorry butt overboard!

Make sure to take another cruise- WITHOUT the ex. I cannot even imagine being in that situation. I really hope you didn't pay for his cruise! With the right people you may enjoy cruising more. Hang in there!

hell no he paid for his own im nice but not that nice lol

I know this is none of my business, but I am wondering how the new GF felt about her bf cruising with his ex?

he told me she told him to go but i don't know any woman that would be totally cool with it ..it was probably the worst week of her life LOL When we got back to Ft Lauderdale I took upon myself to change the beds to 2 double when we go to the room he said thanks for changing it and he said he would have slept on the floor if i kept it the king. I then said that's silly did u promise her to not lay next to me and I guess he did. Then funny thing happened I wanted to go to Benihanas he said he didn't want to go but wouldn't give me a reason I then finally got an answer he said because she asked him to not go. Now that convo was the morning the cruise was getting back to ft lauderdale we checked in the hotel he made some calls I said i was hungry he said benihanas is 5 miles away i then said i thought we couldn't go he said he can..then I made this smart ass remark.." oh u had to call and get permission" LOL

he said he didn't have to but obviously to me that's what it looked like it just made me laugh..so I doubt she's ok with the cruise when she apparently wasn't ok with benihanas until he got permission LOL

Do you think she really would have minded knowing that nothing was going to happen after the way he hurt her so??? I would think new gf should be happy old gf didn't push his sorry butt overboard!

I don't know anyone in their right mind that wouldn't be worried that something might happen and the funny thing is in Sept him and I will be over in Afghanistan together for 3m straight 12 hrs a day together. So I don't know how she's gonna deal with it. But no matter what I will never get back with him even if we are in Afghanistan and wanting some companionship.

he told me she told him to go but i don't know any woman that would be totally cool with it ..it was probably the worst week of her life LOL When we got back to Ft Lauderdale I took upon myself to change the beds to 2 double when we go to the room he said thanks for changing it and he said he would have slept on the floor if i kept it the king. I then said that's silly did u promise her to not lay next to me and I guess he did. Then funny thing happened I wanted to go to Benihanas he said he didn't want to go but wouldn't give me a reason I then finally got an answer he said because she asked him to not go. Now that convo was the morning the cruise was getting back to ft lauderdale we checked in the hotel he made some calls I said i was hungry he said benihanas is 5 miles away i then said i thought we couldn't go he said he can..then I made this smart ass remark.." oh u had to call and get permission" LOL

he said he didn't have to but obviously to me that's what it looked like it just made me laugh..so I doubt she's ok with the cruise when she apparently wasn't ok with benihanas until he got permission LOL

Well...at least it's not your problem anymore! It's hers, do you really want to be with someone like that? Some guy's just make us guy's look bad.

I still think u should have kicked him in the NU**'S at some point though:D

well...at least it's not your problem anymore! It's hers, do you really want to be with someone like that? Some guy's just make us guy's look bad.

I still think u should have kicked him in the nu**'s at some point though:d

lol

I'm glad you updated after the cruise, I was wondering how that worked out. It was nice of you to still let him go with you, and he sounds like a real jerk.

Good riddance to him! You can, and will, do MUCH better than that! :D

P.S. - Best of luck in Afghanistan!

I'm glad you updated after the cruise, I was wondering how that worked out. It was nice of you to still let him go with you, and he sounds like a real jerk.

Good riddance to him! You can, and will, do MUCH better than that! :D

P.S. - Best of luck in Afghanistan!

ahh thanks so much! I am def doing much much better

Glad things worked out ok for you. He is her PROBLEM now. lol

Don't be soured by this cruise. Book a girl friends cruise, you will have a great time.

Thanks for updating us.

no problem..I think I'd want to book a cruise singles cruise next time LOL

I did not see your original post but I have to say that I am so proud of how you handled and are handling this situation... GOOD FOR YOU... You will definitely find someone so much more deserving of you then him....

Then when you do, take him on a cruise and you will truly find out how much fun cruising can be...

Good Luck over in Afghanistan

I am so glad you updated us!!!! I was trying just the other day to remember your screen name to see if you posted anything.

I'm glad you did go, and you sound much better and stronger for having done it. I'm laughing about Benihana :)

Afghanistan - are you guys in the service?

Good luck!!!!

Archived