Need Advise for extra fee rest. that accomodate vegetarians

NH Cruisers

We will be sailing the Dawn end of August. We all have our extra fee $ resturants that we want to check out. We have a strict vegetarian with us. Any of the for fee $ resturants have a good menue that would accomodate her?

Jon

By "strict vegetarian" I assume you mean no meat, fish or poultry, but that she will eat eggs and dairy. She will always have at least one option each dinner in the MDR's. However, to fully appreciate the specialty restaurants, I suggest that she discuss her options with the head waiter in that restaurant (whichever you choose) well in advance of the actual dinner (24-48 hours). He will probably even include the chef in the conversation. With advance notice, NCL's chefs will do some fantastic vegetarian foods.

Unfortunately, if nothing is available at the last minute (for instance, if the set veggie entree is sold out), their fallback meal is a large plate of macaroni and cheese (as seen everyday at the kids' area in the buffet). Certainly not something to enjoy in a specialty restaurant for the additional fee!

If she's a vegan, she should probably discuss her meals (dinners) in advance each day. Start with the maitre d' hotel (who can direct her to the appropriate person).

NCL's veggie offerings (as well as other "healthy" offerings) are continually evolving. Each time we cruise, I'm surprised (and usually pleased) with the additions.

Forgot to mention that Le Bistro does have one veggie entree on the menue (which I have not tried- yet!).

Some posters have said that Moderno will let you choose just the salad bar for half price (but I can't confirm this yet).

I just got off the Gem and I am a vegan most of the time lol...but vary with vegetarian when I can't pass up cheese, such as on vacation. Either way I had plenty of options everywhere, and any chef will create a vegan dish or veggie friendly one with notice on board. They are very helpful and eager to please.

I'm a vegetarian. Never had any problems finding something to eat, in any of speciality restaurants. Was a little worried about Moderno but that salad bar is amazing. Make sure she asks for the grilled pineapple - they usually save it for the end, but I'm asking for it first next time!

I know you asked about speciality restaurants, but the buffet also has a vegetarian section - on my last cruise, it was all Indian food and very taste. You can also get a veggie burger - you have to ask for it and they get it from the kitchen, so it can take a few minutes, but they are available.

I'd see if they have the Taste Of India lunch or dinner ($15). If not strict vegan, and can have ovo-lacto (eggs/milk/cheese/yogurt), then at least half of the 16 or so offerings should accommodate your friend :)

Forgot to mention that Le Bistro does have one veggie entree on the menue (which I have not tried- yet!).

Some posters have said that Moderno will let you choose just the salad bar for half price (but I can't confirm this yet).

Moderno's salad bar is their best feature! We dined there 2x on Star, and I went a 2nd time only to have another taste of all the side dishes there.

Archived