Embarkation Brides:

How did you select your 50 guests?

We are having two events, a pre reception and the ceremony. We invited 1/2 to just the pre reception and 35 ppl to the ceremony and reception.

I am told some of the privileged 35 have been bragging to the "reception only's" that they were "selected".

What to do now? Can we have more than the 50 people on board? Will Carnival make an exception? I feel so bad now, about not inviting everyone to everything.

Signed,

:(

We are having two events, a pre reception and the ceremony. We invited 1/2 to just the pre reception and 35 ppl to the ceremony and reception.

I am told some of the privileged 35 have been bragging to the "reception only's" that they were "selected".

What to do now? Can we have more than the 50 people on board? Will Carnival make an exception? I feel so bad now, about not inviting everyone to everything.

Signed,

From what I understand, there isn't a limit on the number of guests that attend - but you do have to pay a fee for each 50 guests (up to 50 guests is $150, up to 100 guests is $300, etc.). We invited 150 people though we don't have near that many coming :)

From what I understand, there isn't a limit on the number of guests that attend - but you do have to pay a fee for each 50 guests (up to 50 guests is $150, up to 100 guests is $300, etc.). We invited 150 people though we don't have near that many coming :)

You can have as many as you want that are sailing, but they do limit the non sailing.

Herbal-- That's crazy and it sucks they're not being very tactful. This is a post from 2010, but this Pride bride said she got CCL to up her allowance by ten (total of 60 guests). I'd call Sajay and ask her if it was a possibility.

Here's how it works...if you want to invite 150 people you can but you will be charged a fee for every 50 people beyond your first 50. Also, you have to consider how many of your guests are sailing. You are only allowed 50 non-sailing guests. So again if you want to invite 150 people, 100 of them must be sailing.

Hey Herb.....

I had the same problem when I initially started the guest selection process.

My initial thought was to have multiple lists... sending invites to those on the latter lists as people declined.

I posted about it and a another member mentioned the potential backlash from those not on the first list. Very similar to what you are experiencing.

Now. The CARNIVAL non-sailing 50 guest limit is a guideline and NOT absolute.

My final (if everyone accepted ) count was 92 with only 6 sailing. I confirmed it would be okay with my Carnival wedding planner before sending the invites. Her response was that because I was the only wedding on that day, I would have 100 guests.

So the invites went out to all 92. So far my rsvp count is at about 65.

Bottom line... email your coordinator and ask how many extra you can have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

THe way I handled it was FH and I sat down and said who is a must at the wedding. We spoke to them individually and told them the deal. When we sent out the invitations we sent them with wording that made it seem like you had to sail to come to the wedding.

Now as the 50 people we choses either book or tell us they cant make it, we extend the invitation to our backups. These are mostly our friends. Most of our family were in the 50 initally invited.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much Drake. This really gives me some hope.

I'm so sad having hurt ppl along the way. Do you think I should wait to get the actual RSVP's back first or contact her now that we may go over the 50 ppl?

Its probably better to reach out to your coordinator first. Just in case the absolute limit is not ship based.

Keep in mind that the 150 per 50+ does apply. The quest to make guests happy is very expensive.

Although it is cheaper to have 1 event vs 2.

Its probably better to reach out to your coordinator first. Just in case the absolute limit is not ship based.

Keep in mind that the 150 per 50+ does apply. The quest to make guests happy is very expensive.

Although it is cheaper to have 1 event vs 2.

Can you please explain what you meant here? Is it $150 extra for 50 ppl or $30 pp? I thought it was $30pp

Can you please explain what you meant here? Is it $150 extra for 50 ppl or $30 pp? I thought it was $30pp

hey!,

From my understanding its 30 dollars per person after the first 20 people so keep that in mind as well. As well there is a fee for having over 50 people which is 150 dollars. So if you have 75 people you will have to pay 30 dollars per person for 55 of them as well as 150 dollars in total for having over 50 people......someone can correct me if im wrong but this is my understanding!

That's also my understanding.

If that's not confusing enough, kids under 7 are free and not counted in your numbers, unless you go over 50. We were initially supposed to have 46 adults and 5 kids and the one kid would have caused us to pay for another coordinator.

Signed,

I e-mailed Carnival's wedding department. I asked for the number of non-sailing guests aloud be increased to at least 60, but told them 70 would be perfect. They increased the number to 65 in the end. I only ended up having 50 come, but I didn't want to send out more invites, just in case. It doesn't hurt to ask them :)

They do make exceptions if they are able.

The limit is in there and was one of the reasons I wanted to have it on the ship in the first place.

I think its based on the possibility of having 4 Weddings actually book in one day. Then it could be up to 200 extra people on the ship at one time.

Archived