Bad Behavior on Shorter Cruises?

pinkmaija

made me laugh. Similar experience. My DH went to the Farewell party on the last day of the cruise. A member of the Activities Staff had told us not to miss it, so we showed up...hoping some Trivia would be involved. We drug our fellow Trivia Players with us..

Well..most of you know what happened. We walked in..there was maybe 50 people in there, and 80 waitors with trays full of cocktails walking around. A nice band was playing..a few folks were dancing..

We started on wine..then my DH went to Martinis..then our fellow Trivia players, after four green cocktails each..had the sense to leave..My DH.....was as drunk as a sot. I have never had so many drinks offered to me in my life..and I might drink a glass of champagne on New Year's Eve...

I was so mad at him, I could kicked him all the way home. He went to sleep and the next day....when he had to drive home.....oh, was he not well. I wound up driving a lot of the way to Jax.

I keep reading that passengers tend to be more poorly behaved on shorter cruises. Any reasons for this? Just curious.

The nicest, most awesome group of CCL passengers I have ever sailed with were on my last one and it was a 15 day sailing.

To me, # of days definitely plays a part in who is on board and how the energy on the ship is.

The nice thing about a long CCL sailing (sad that there are so few of them) is on other lines the age demographic is pretty much 'old'. On my CCL sailing even though it was a longer cruise, there was a great mix and the passengers were pretty awesome.

This is not to say I disliked my short cruises...I did. But I'm 50 now ( *gulp* :eek:) and I can't enjoy the shorter cruises where everyone is trying to stuff 7 to 10 days of 'fun' (aka drinking) into 3 to 5 days.

We did the 3 night Th-Sun cruise on RCI in April and I have to agree...it was very 'party'. We are doing a Carnival 5 night next week, hoping it is more family!

We just got off Elation - 5 day out of NOLA. Never again for us. Lot's of beer chugging, cussing, heavy smoking and wife beater tee shirts.

Archived