Why is it taking so long to announce what is being done with the renovations?

dfishner

I am having a hard time understanding what is the hold up announcing what is going to be done with the renovations, Journey is slated for November and Quest for January it is 4 and 6 months away I find it hard to believe this has not be finalized..

The plans had to be approved all ready in order to procure the soft and hard goods and for those items to be made and to be shipped..

Why is Azamara dragging their feet on letting us know what is going to be done. I am not buying the board of directors have to approve the plan makes no sense the approval would of been the first thing that had to happen or there would be no renovation.

Tell us something please

I am having a hard time understanding what is the hold up announcing what is going to be done with the renovations, Journey is slated for November and Quest for January it is 4 and 6 months away I find it hard to believe this has not be finalized..

The plans had to be approved all ready in order to procure the soft and hard goods and for those items to be made and to be shipped..

Why is Azamara dragging their feet on letting us know what is going to be done. I am not buying the board of directors have to approve the plan makes no sense the approval would of been the first thing that had to happen or there would be no renovation.

Tell us something please

Can I ask how you know this please?

The reason I ask is that I will be on Journey for most of November and I have heard nothing of this:confused:

This seems to be very standard practice in the hospitality industry. Celebrity did not fully release what was happening during the dry dock of the M class ships until the ships came out of dry dock. Hotel chains when rebranding or refurbishing do not tell until the last minute

This allows them to do a full "relaunch" with supporting images etc. The information could also in certain circumstances be share price sensitive and there are the usual Exchange protocols to be followed as changes can impact on investors perception of the parent company.

All in all, the changes are something we all want to know about but like the child waiting for Christmas, wait is what we have to do!!!

This seems to be very standard practice in the hospitality industry. Celebrity did not fully release what was happening during the dry dock of the M class ships until the ships came out of dry dock. Hotel chains when rebranding or refurbishing do not tell until the last minute

This allows them to do a full "relaunch" with supporting images etc. The information could also in certain circumstances be share price sensitive and there are the usual Exchange protocols to be followed as changes can impact on investors perception of the parent company.

All in all, the changes are something we all want to know about but like the child waiting for Christmas, wait is what we have to do!!!

That is not entirely correct about the M class it was reportly widely on here and other cruise sites what was going to be done with putting the Solstice features on the M class. what was not known was what it was gong to look like.

It is exciting to know something is being done and I guess if Azamama wants to play it close to the chest it is their cruise line to do so and will have to wait and see when all is revealed

AZ's delay in announcing details is putting me, and I suspect others, in a box that may ultimately result in a loss of bookings. I generally book a cruise 11 months in advance in order to take advantage of getting the flights I need using frequent flier miles. Booking later I risk loss of either or both the flights or cabin I want.

Right now I am looking at particular cruises next summer on Seabourn, O and AZ. I am leaning towards 2 AZ cruises (B2B), but I want to know about the Quest's drydock before I book. What is planned? Being improved?

If this information isn't forthcoming within the next thirty days, I may be forced to narrow my choices.

Archived