Self-serve laundry and internet cost

JoanneF

I am not sure but I believe the internet cost is probably the same on all ships as it is provided by an outside contractor. We have twice, now, purchased a 100 minute package for $.55 per minute. The 200 minute packages have a lower per minute rate, and if you use no package at all, just pay as you go, it is more (if my memory serves, something like $.75 per minute). On the first day there are specials that offer a few extra minutes if you purchase your packages that day.

Our experience with the internet (and our own laptop -- a Mac -- used Safari browser) in December was excellent. We composed off line and sent and received mail once or twice a day and had about 20 minutes left at the end of 10 days. In March, however, on the same ship (the Zaandam) -- after her SOE enhancements we charged through 100 minutes in less than 7 days as the connection waiting times seemed to have multiplied along with the greatly increased number of internet users that the Explorations Cafe attracts.

Self service laundry is about $2.00 per load (soap is provided by the cruise line - you just push a button on the washer to automatically add soap and change is available at the front desk) -- I unfortunately have no memory at all of what we paid for the dryer. Have not used the cruise lines laundry or dry cleaning services. Sorry.

I was on the Volendam this past March. It was $2 to wash, $1 to dry. The soap is no longer in the machines, there is a bottle on the wall filled with soap. You simply go over to it with the cup provided, hit the button and fill the cup. Hit the button only one time, this is enough soap for one washer. Then you will see a draw for soap, open up the draw and pour the soap in. Very easy, and I love this convenience of the self-service laundries.

Archived