decoration packages??

I do it every year when we cruise!! :rolleyes:(Love the Bon Voyage Decorations.) I know it's nuts, but to me it's part of the celebration and fun of the trip. I also order flowers and wine for the room. When we first arrive to our room it's so much fun to see all the goodies and festive decorations.:D I'm also one of those weirdos that book a year in advance, so I have lots and lots of time to daydream about the trip. You can view some pictures of the decorations in the same location where you order them.

has anyone done these?

I am thinking of getting them for my parents room and my sisters room (50 year and 25 year celebrations)

are they tacky?

anyone have pics?

I have purchased them several times and DW enjoyed. If not a celebration I like to have flowers in the room. They last about 7 days and the cruise is over. The one thing I have purchased that I don't think is worth it is the cake. Not that it isn't good but just that 2 of us are never able to eat it.

has anyone done these?

I am thinking of getting them for my parents room and my sisters room (50 year and 25 year celebrations)

are they tacky?

anyone have pics?

I've done a couple of the celebration packages plus the flowers in the room.

On one ship they put a bunch of balloons on the outside of the door----people thanked me for that cause they then knew we're their cabin was.

I've ordered decorations for my parents, and most recently for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary and they really enjoyed them. I also have ordered a bottle of wine and some chocolate covered strawberries for our arrival on the first day. Flowers are great too. :)

I just purchased the Birthday decoration package for my hubby's birthday cruise. I did not choose the one with the cake, just the cabin decorations, for a cost of $31. I think it will be a nice surprise when we get to our cabin, and it is decorated. At least I hope so anyway!! But for $31 I will take that chance! Anything to make my hubby smile..... :)

We had the just married decorations in our room... for about 1 hour. they hang too low and we just found them to be very annoying and made the room feel even smaller than it already is so we had the steward take them down for us.

I did it for our 10-year anniversay. It was special. They were annoying after a while but since I spent so much money (in my mind - $5 or $10 of decorations for $50+ but they were special so I didn't want to take them down). However, it set the mood up because I am an engineer and my huz knows I never waste money (except on wine) so he was really happy with the gesture. It was worth every $ in that case.

It's kind of hard to sneak into the cabin early to decorate....

Call me frugal, but I decorate the cabin myself for under $10. I have a roll of magnetic tape from Michael's craft store - I affix a strip of magnet to the back of decorations that I buy at Party City. The doors and walls of the cabin are metal, so the magnets work very well.

Archived