Oceania Suite - Second bathroom

Hambagahle

I have been looking at the "exploded drawing" of the Oceania suite and wondering if the second bathroom has a shower as well as a sink and a loo or if it is just the two latter. Sort of what Americans call a "powder room"??

Anyone been in one of the suites who can answer the question please?

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Riviera. We were in an Oceania Suite on deck 12, and yes the second bathroom has a shower. We loved the suite and have rebooked it for next summer, Rome to Venice.

We too were dedicated Regent cruisers. At friends suggestion we tried O a couple of years ago and, for us, there has been no looking back. I am sure you have seen the various threads and know from a previous post "you will have lots of questions". I would be happy to help in any way I can.

John

Hambaghale, We were also Regent cruisers starting in 2003. You will really enjoy the Oceania suite. It is by far the nicest suite we have been in including the master and grand suites on the Voyager.

We thought the food was better than Regent, and found the Terrace very easy when we were exhausted from a long day in port.

Jacques was our favorite restaurant, much better than Signatures. We have booked another Med cruise for next July on the Riviera, in the same suite 12015.

If you have any questions please ask, I'll try my best to answer them.

We are Regent and Crystal cruise people but I have heard so much about Oceania I wanted to try them. Went from Crystal to Oceania because of three factors, Oceania does not allow smoking in suites, they do not have formal nights and the beds on Crystal are horrible. Oh, and one more I can get the Oceania suite for less than what Crystal wants for the Penthouse suite.

Very excited to do the Sept 13, 2013 cruise from Stockholm to London.

John and dLousie - and everyone else!

Thank you so much! In fact I do have a question! In an Oceania suite I am told by my TA that we can board at 11am. Do you have an idea as to when (about) we can actually access the suite?? To me it doesn't make sense to board, have lunch and then just hang around. I am happy to have lunch, no mistake! But sitting in a lounge "hopeing" for an annoucement that I can go to my suite is really not that much fun!!

Do they allow access to suites by number, by category, or generally as Regent does?

Thanks!

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

we have been on three OC trips. Once the room was ready on boarding, another by noon and the last was announced around 1:00. we have always been able to place carry-on paraphernalia in the room and then gad about. in the latter two instances they announced all suites together, first. we have done R class ships as well.

we fully endorse dlouise's summary. we sailed Regent over about the same time frame. we are in no way anti. we just find the O product terrific.

john

Hambaghale, In June we boarded at 11 and went straight to our suite. They were in the middle of cleaning it so we just dropped our bags and went up to Waves for lunch. After lunch we took a quick tour of the ship and then back to the suite, which was ready and our bags were waiting for us on the bed, perfect!

Amazing! I am impressed. So that is what we will do. Board. go to Suite. Leave carry ons. Go to Lunch - and back to (ugh!) unpack. Well, I suppose UNpacking is better than packing! Excellent info and I thank you. Merci infiniment!!

Amazing! I am impressed. So that is what we will do. Board. go to Suite. Leave carry ons. Go to Lunch - and back to (ugh!) unpack.

Just have your Butler unpack for you ;)

Hi Gerry,

The main downside we have found is that eventually you have to leave the ship.

I suspect you have sussed out a lot of issues from the various boards. Should you choose you can reach me at jagatens@msn.com re other particulars that may come to mind. I don't suggest i am the definitive O Q&A source but am happy to share our observations.

John

Archived