Silver Moon: Need I Say More????

KenMo

For Barbados, we booked an independent catamaran tour with Silver Moon at http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm . Originally, we booked the 5 hour lunch cruise on Silver Moon from 11am to 4pm. Silver Moon only takes 12 guests. When we arrived in Barbados, I couldn't remember if we were to make our way to them, or they would meet us at the terminal. No problem.....inside the mall area there is a room with many, many phones. Just made a quick call. FYI: Local calls are 25 cents. Use a Barbados quarter, the US quarters stick in the slot.

I reach Ocean Adventures and find out that the Silver Moon is being repaired and not able to go in the water. Of course, Emma couldn't contact us since we were on the ship. So she went ahead and booked us on Silver Moon II, which takes 18 guests, but there would only be 17 on this day. The time would remain the same. She figured this would be better than canceling altogether......I couldn't have agreed more!!!

This was a fantastic time!!! All the people on board were fellow CCer's that we had been in contact with on the roll call board, except one couple from New Jersey, who I believe had been reading the threads, but had not posted, and another young couple from England who were on their last day of a week long stay at a hotel in Barbados.

The crew: Jason, Adrian and Tony were great! From the first time we stepped on board, drinks were available throughout the cruise. The first stop was a snorkel with sea turtles. Right when I got ready to get in the water, I got a little chicken! For some reason, I was afraid of being washed out to sea!! Jason was so kind....he got in the water with me and really helped me relax. I can not tell you how amazing it was to see these beautiful, graceful animals swimming all around! It was like being part of a dream......just amazing!!! The next stop was near a beach to eat lunch. They served chicken, flying fish, macaroni and cheese (they added something that made it spicey......very good!), salad, corn, bread......did I leave anything out?? Everything was delicious! The next stop was a snorkel over a shipwreck. Everyone jumped in and before I could get in......they all were coming back on board! Seems there is some kind of microscopic creature known as sea lice. Everyone was getting stung! Glad I didn't make it in!!! No problem though. We just sailed around for the remaining time. This was so wonderful....I sat at the very back, where you step onto the cat. Sailed around with my feet in the water.....sipping my new favorite drink, a pina colada!

This tour was well worth the money. We saw the same type excursion from Carnival go by. Jason told me that it held 110 people and it looked like it was packed full!! I believe the Carnival excursion was close to the same price we paid....maybe even a little more. All I can add is to say: Fantastic!!!!

Would you recommend this tour for a 27 and 26 yr. old honeymoon couple?

Definately!!! In fact, we had a honeymooning couple on board with us. The cat is big enough that you can really spread out.....not cramped at all! I just don't think anyone could go wrong booking this excursion!!!

Have a great wedding day and a wonderful honeymoon/cruise!!!!!

Five of us were on the Silver Moon with KenMo and had a wonderful time. It was just as KenMo described it. Plenty of room, lots of fun, lots of good food and drink, lots of nice, friendly people and a terrific crew. It was well worth the cost. My husband and I have been on 8 cruises and this was my favorite excursion of all time. AugustHoneymoonCruiser, you will love this!

My wife and I were also on board the silver moon with Kenmo and company. It was by far the highlight of the trip. (Not complaining about the rest of the cruise by any means, but we REALLY enjoyed the Silver Moon).

I highly recommend it!

KenMo, my sister and I thought this sounded like a great excursion to take as well. Do you pay a deposit to hold your spot and pay the rest when you get there? Do you know if they reimburse you if for some reason the ship isn't able to dock on that particular day of your tour (due to bad weather or some other problem)? We're only planning on one excursion during our cruise and we want to make it a good one! I've read a lot of posts regarding this tour so this may be the one to take. I'm just nervous about booking on our own. And my sister wants to make doubly sure they guarantee getting us back to the ship before sail-away.

Can you help ease our minds and should we "go for it"??:confused: Any other thoughts??

Thanks so much!

I wasn't with KenMo but my husband and I were on the Silver Moon in October of 2004 but I can agree totally with him.

The Silver Moon was by far one of the best excursions we have even taken while on a cruise (or land vacation). If you want great service and total relaxation the Silver Moon is for you.

If I remember correctly we paid a deposit but weren't charged until we were there. I'm sure KenMo and remember better than I can. They will definately reimburse you if you ship doesn't come into port.

I don't know what your itinerary is but I totally recommend the Silver Moon. We were on the 11-Summit and my husband says this was the best excursion of our trip by far! I would definately go for it.

As for missing the ship == don't worry the Silver Moon is a very reputable company and will make sure you are back in time. You won't regret it.

We dream of the day we can go back to Barbardos and send a few days on the Silver Moon.

I am not sure regarding refunds if the ship doesn't doc.. but I am sure Emma can answer that question for you. Call or email her. The contact info is below.

We gave them a 50% deposit up front (My card was charged the day I gave it to them) and then paid the rest onboard when we got there.

You will NOT regret going with them!

Here is the email I received when I initally asked about them... the contact info is at the bottom (I remved the phone numbers, but you can find them at the website mentioned.)

Thank you for your inquiry.

We offer a 5 hour lunch cruise onboard our new day charter catamaran "Silver Moon II". The boat sails daily at 11am and returns to dock at 4pm. Two stops are made for swimming & snorkelling, one with the sea turtles. This price is US$80.00 per Adult & US$50.00 per Child (12 & under). Transportation from the Cruise Terminal, drinks, a delicious lunch and snorkelling instruction and equipment are included. For comfort we cater to maximum of 18 guests.

A 50% deposit is required when booking. Just ask for our confirmation form, this I will send by email, fill in the required information and return to us by fax.

Should you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Emma Edwards

Ocean Adventures Inc.

Barbados, West Indies

website http://www.oceanadventures.bb

----------

I hope that doesn't violate the user agreement here!!

KenMo, my sister and I thought this sounded like a great excursion to take as well. Do you pay a deposit to hold your spot and pay the rest when you get there? Do you know if they reimburse you if for some reason the ship isn't able to dock on that particular day of your tour (due to bad weather or some other problem)? We're only planning on one excursion during our cruise and we want to make it a good one! I've read a lot of posts regarding this tour so this may be the one to take. I'm just nervous about booking on our own. And my sister wants to make doubly sure they guarantee getting us back to the ship before sail-away.

Can you help ease our minds and should we "go for it"??:confused: Any other thoughts??

Thanks so much!

I would definately go for it.....you won't regret it! I don't know your itinerary, but they tour from 10am - 3pm and 11am - 4pm. They will definately have you back by those times.

They will charge your credit card for 50% of the payment when you book, and balance is due when you board. They won't leave until everyone is paid up!!!

As far as their reimbusement policy, I'd suggest you contact them to make double sure. We had absolutely no problems!!!

If you're only doing one excursion......make this the one!!!! You will love it!!!

I also wanted to mention: If you decide on Silver Moon, book it asap. They are very popular and fill up fast. They only take 12 on one tour and 18 on the other....and they mean it!!! Have a great cruise!!!

We are booked on the Silver Moon II in June. I inquired what would happen if our ship didn't make it and here is the response:

"Should your ship not dock on the day or should Ocean Adventures cancel the tour then your deposit will be refunded."

We are booked on the Silver Moon II in June. I inquired what would happen if our ship didn't make it and here is the response:

"Should your ship not dock on the day or should Ocean Adventures cancel the tour then your deposit will be refunded."

That makes us feel much better about booking on our own. Thanks for all of your great responses!:)

Well, I did it! I booked us a reservation aboard the "Silver Moon" (12 passenger) catamaran. They have been very timely in their email correspondence and I feel we'll be well pampered with great service!! Thanks to all who have posted here with nothing but great things to say:) !

KenMo, I'll write up a review when we return. We are sooooo looking forward to our cruise--both the Serenade of the Seas and the Silver Moon. We wake up everyday thinking about it and I am hooked on these boards!! My sister will have a wonderful birthday onboard!!:D

Archived