Earplugs?

I searched for Wal-Marts in your location... looks like there may be 3 of them in the area. You can find ear plugs in the pharmacy section there.

Also, most pharmacy/drug stores should have them. I got mine at Dollar General, but I don't know if ya'll have a similar store in Canada.

What is a baffle so I know to have a look for it?

Thanks

Ear plugs with baffles aren't the foam kind pictures above, they are more of a rubber or silicone material and look life this:

earplugs.jpg

I guess with the baffle ones you don't sleep on your side, can't imagine that would work at all.

I sleep on my sides so I may not be able to use this style.

Thanks though.

And in Canada we have Pharma-Plus and Shoppers Drug Mart for drugstores.

Yes I will check out walmarts pharmacy section to see what they have.

Thanks all.

I guess with the baffle ones you don't sleep on your side, can't imagine that would work at all.

I sleep on my sides so I may not be able to use this style.

Thanks though.

And in Canada we have Pharma-Plus and Shoppers Drug Mart for drugstores.

Yes I will check out walmarts pharmacy section to see what they have.

Thanks all.

You can get the baffled kind without the big stem on them. Some sit so far into your ear canal that they have a string that connects the two plugs so you can just pull on the string to remove them. I bought the foam kind because they look like they'd be more comfortable. They'd be more likely to fall out during the night, though.

41I4xakXwFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These are my favorite type. I searched for "disposable ear plugs" at Amazon to find these. I have to wear ear plugs for my job and have a smaller ear canal, so these expand nicely to make a great seal. They are also the type I brought on my last cruise. We had an aft above one of the lounges and the ear plugs really helped.

41cMl8Y7y4L._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-200,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

These plugs are preferred by many of my coworkers. I think anything you get will be fine.

I use the yellow ones shaped like a can and I like them. Got them at Walmart. I did get the other ones to try but haven't opened them yet.

Roll them back and forth between your thumb and index finger like you are rolling a joi...:eek::D never mind... just roll them back and forth a couple times to warm them and make them thinner, they will expand in your ear.

At least this works for me.

Ok so what are the best kind of earplugs and where can I buy them in Canada?

Just upgraded to a balcony over the main show lounge. Don't think it will be too much of a problem but would like to be prepared just in case.

Thanks,

Just want to say, i'm happy for u about the balcony upgrade!

I have read some of your posts and i know u were like struggling with the idea about getting one. So you finally did, congrats on that, your gonna love it!

Hope your husband is doing better, as for the ear plugs ...get them if you want, but i don't think it will be a major issue.

How far out are you from your cruise? If you have at least a few more weeks and an audiology department at your local Costco, you can get fitted for silicone earplugs there for under $50 & they will last you a long time. I got them to save me from DH's snoring, which was killing my sleep on every cruise & vacation, to the point that I would end up having to sleep on the bathroom floor (on top of tons of towels) or out on the balcony (weather permitting). They block out about 98% of all loud noises. Any noise that I would hear through them became white noise. Since they were fitted just for me, they stayed in my ears, which was a beautiful thing, considering most "ear buds" fall out of my ears.

Good luck with your choice and have a great cruise!

my wife snores like a truck, and I have to use ear plugs when the kids allows us to actually sleep together. Go to Shoppers they have a couple different kind. Each will have their own decible levels, so buy a small pack of both to see what works best. I find the ones that don't narrow at the end to keep more noise out, but a bit more uncomfortable. They have a slightly lower decible rating as well.....

I love the silicone earplugs I get at Kroger's. Come two pair to a package and cost less than $2. You soften them in your hands and poke them into the ear (not deep of course) and then mash them until they're tight enough to stay in your ears. Sleep great when I use them. :)

Ok so what are the best kind of earplugs and where can I buy them in Canada?

Just upgraded to a balcony over the main show lounge. Don't think it will be too much of a problem but would like to be prepared just in case.

Thanks,

Surely, the shows will have ended by the time you go to bed?

I'd reccommend that no matter what type you chose learn to insert them properly. If no instructions are given, reach behind your head with the opposit hand and gently pull on you ear lobe which will open the ear canal and allow for proper insertion. I always bring them to the shows since the sound man usually has the volume so loud that without protection your (my) ears will ring for hours after the performance.

I must have small ear canals because all the disposable type fall out of my ears......I've tried a lot.

I cruised with my MIL in december and learned very quickly she snores like a freight train:eek:.

I was at the ships general store bright and early the next morning and bought ear plugs. They have 2 different inserts for different noise types, snoring and something else. Worked great....best $15 I've ever spent.:p

I bought very similar looking ones to the ones in the picture at Shopper's. Like someone else said, roll them up and insert them carefullly and they expand to fit. I think I got 3 or 4 pair in a little travel box for about $5....worth it! I have a snoring husband, I know!!!!:D

Archived