What is our TWID code?

sez809

https://book.princess.com/html/tapres/rcba_cbok_content.html

"Create Travel with ID (TWID Number)

Click the "NEW" button to add a cross-reference number to the booking. You can enter the booking numbers that you would like cross-referenced. Click the link to see the list of cross-referenced bookings."

Obviously, passengers do not do this, only Travel Agents or Princess agents.

• 2 years later...

TWID It means traveling with Identification.

So the official name for the linking code is TWID (traveling with identification), so it actually assigns a random code that will go on any booking of people you are traveling. This is informational for the cruise line, it helps us get people at the same table or cabins nearby each other etc. It is also helpful if there are any issues with you reaching the ship after a port call, they will ask your traveling companions for any information they might have that will help the ship decide if they need to wait or not for you. So, I assigned you a code and if your friends put that on their booking, Princess will know you guys are hanging out together!”

:D

"Create Travel with ID (TWID Number).........

It is always nice to learn new things on these discussion boards, but, I must say, it is the entertainment value that keeps me coming back.....:cool:

Edited by ar1950

....and finally...

From now on I intend to lurk rather than post, so that I cease to offend those of you with little patience, even less tolerance of others and too much time on your hands.

Please don't let some folks with no manners scare you off...

2. manners.

1. ...
  2. ways of behaving with reference to polite standards; social comportment: "That child has good manners."

sez809- I'm sorry you were made to feel that way. This board is a treasure of knowledge but one does have to develop a fairly thick skin to post. Poking fun at grammar, etc. is supposed to be verbotten, but, obviously, it does happen. In this day of autocorrecting devices, I, too, have made some posts that bear little resemblance to what I meant to say (itinerary is the most dangerous word for me, as it autocorrects to urinary :eek:). Don't be put off by this, you're not alone.

I agree. Please don't just be a lurker. Even those of us without thousands of posts can have something to offer on these boards. For me, this has been such an invaluable source of information as I have become a cruiser in the last few years. I would hate to feel that being afraid that the way I phrased a question would deter me from asking it in the first place.

Sorry this happened to you. I try to look at it as those who pointed out the error were not trying to ridicule, but merely struck them as funny and replied too quickly, not meaning to hurt your feelings.