what is there to eat after 1am on the Liberty...

chiggazred

Interesting comments had to put my two cents here lol

Honestly, everybody is different, everybody eats at different times, gets hungry different times needs to eat at certain times. Some people because health reasons, others because they drinking and there are those who are up and just need something. Ok analysis here I go:

Some people such stay up late, so when your having early dining dinner which ends at around 7:30ish somewhere between 4 1/2-5 hours I going to get hungry again. If I went to sleep I probably not feel it but I am on vacation and up. Heck, even at night I stay up here till midnight and around 11pm I need a snack so I eat cheese or something to satisfy my hunger. Same on cruises, I not want to sit in a room for room service (I have celiac so I am extremely limited on that room service menu and limited to all foods of anytime of the day). I can't eat gluten which means I putting less calories in me during the day and even more so need to eat few hours after dinner.

Pizza is not option for me as I can't have it...sandwiches not option...burgers have fillers and I not eat hot dogs. Which leaves only if I lucky (on the Fascination my last carnival cruise) I didn't get to eat a thing because it was only pizza not even ceasar salad back then. I came home lost 3 pounds first time ever loosing weight out of all my 43 cruises that I taken back at that time. My hypoglycemia even acted up because I was hungry.

So as a result I must add I do hope the Dream this year will have "other stuff" for me to eat even if it were chicken and ceasar salad Im so much hoping. But Carnival is a cruise line where many people stay up late they need to address this issue and offer other types of foods so that everybody can find something to eat. I say some cheeses, crackers for people and fruit heck even serve some packaged potato chips at the bars! Some wings be nice! RCI you have the 24/7 promenade cafe serving all types of sandwiches on various types breads including crosissants, different types of salads as well as mozzerella and tomato salad, marinated peppers, proscuitto and cheeses, pastries, muffins and cookies, thats why my past four cruises I went on the FOS but this year we not want to go for a fifth time (only want to use Pt. Canaveral) so we need change of scenery and chose the Dream.

Honestly its not about eating healthy here its about being hungry and not having really anything to eat besides the limited room service again sitting in room wait wait wait or the pizza and salad. Im sorry but this does need to be addressed by Carnival.

i guess it's a good thing we all don't cruise 52 weeks a year.

in the meantime, i hang up most of my everyday regimans when ii go on vacation.

Crusing 52 weeks a year, wouldn't mind giving that a try!

As for hanging up everyday regimes while on Vacation...that's ok also.

U are on Vacation after all.............just don't over do it!...lol:)

Sorry but that is only partially correct.

What & when you eat has a large impact on your weight. If you eat the right thing at the right time you can actually loose weight while you sleep.

Eat the wrong thing at the wrong time and you can plan on waking up with a little more body fat in the morning.

To succesfully loose weight or not gain any weight you need to stop eating at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed.

You shouldn't feel starving before going to bed, but if you feel slightly hungry your body is telling you, u did he right thing and ur losing body fat.

If you listen to your brain and u eat too close to bedtime

When u go to bed ur body won't burn the fat it has stored during the day, it will actually increase your fat.

Every time u eat it boosts ur metabolism,but this effect is minimized late at night.

A couple of hours after supper your body prepares for sleep, so your metabolism slows down.

So if you eat the wrong food, after u have has supper,like let's say....a couple of slices of pizza at 2 a.m and then go to sleep...well your on your way to gaining weight...that's just the way it is....sorry

im not going to get into it with you about this but I will say that if you eat the calories that your body needs based on your activity level you will not gain a single pound by eating 15 minutes before you go to sleep

meal frequency and timing has nothing to do with weight gain

one needs to find their basal metobolic rate(BMR) based on age ,weight , height,sex and eat the calories according to your lifestyle

google warrior diet and ketosis (interemittent fasting)

ah, so you buy into the "other people should control your food intake" nonsense. if i'm up 6 hours after my last meal, i like to eat. especially if i've been spending money that last 6.

maybe someone can start a diet cruise for people that like portioned meals so there's no waste.

I sure hope no one will control my food intake. The question was what food options are available at that time of night. If I'm hungry at 1 AM and awake sure I'll eat. I weigh about 90 pounds and not too worried if I gain and pound or two on the trip. :D

im not going to get into it with you about this but I will say that if you eat the calories that your body needs based on your activity level you will not gain a single pound by eating 15 minutes before you go to sleep

meal frequency and timing has nothing to do with weight gain

one needs to find their basal metobolic rate(BMR) based on age ,weight , height,sex and eat the calories according to your lifestyle

google warrior diet and ketosis (interemittent fasting)

Agreed, better not to get into it.

I guess best thing to do is, what ever works for you.;)

I sure hope no one will control my food intake. The question was what food options are available at that time of night. If I'm hungry at 1 AM and awake sure I'll eat. I weigh about 90 pounds and not too worried if I gain and pound or two on the trip. :D

Since when have u seen one thread on CC, when all the responses had to do with what the OP asked?:D

Archived