Waterproof passport holder

beckymomof2

I bought this to hold money and a few other items: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00

and then I realized I'd really like one to hold two passports and not just money and credit cards.

So any suggestions of what you have bought that works? I'd like to order off of Amazon if possible due to shipping where I live.

Now I'm looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-Waterproof-Purpose/dp/B004RLU2B0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Anyone used it before?

Do not know about all of that stuff you are looking at.

What I have always done in the past with no problems is put all passports, money, etc in a big ziplock. If we are going into the water and will leave our stuff on the beach I will discretely bury it in the sand and maybe put a bag or towel over it.

In 99% of the places you will go, nobody wants your stuff anyway, so do not worry about it.

MexicoBob

Do not know about all of that stuff you are looking at.

What I have always done in the past with no problems is put all passports, money, etc in a big ziplock. If we are going into the water and will leave our stuff on the beach I will discretely bury it in the sand and maybe put a bag or towel over it.

In 99% of the places you will go, nobody wants your stuff anyway, so do not worry about it.

MexicoBob

I thought about a zip lock but I want to keep them around my neck. We are going cave tubing and a few other things. Not really going to be on the beach but doing water type excursions.

I love my waterproof containers. I have folded the tar out of my passport trying to get it to fit but with no luck. So I decided to photocopy my passport and only carry the copy with me along with my drivers lic.

Then I found the The Great White Waterproof Wallet. I can fit my passport and my cellphone in it.

We have a few of the Kwik Tek wallets ($6.99 on Amazon) and also two of the Kwik Pak nylon belts for $10.49. We use them on every water excursion that we do and have never had a leaking problem as long as they are closed correctly.

Aloksak ia a good product, but they are not foolproof. I've had a couple develop a leak after a time.

I'd never put anything in one that could be damaged by water, especially my passport. I got a passport card for shore trips. It's use is limited, but it's better than a "paper" copy of a passport.:p

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

Edited by Stevesan

LOL... I just asked my husband about taking our passports and he said "we always did before." I reminded him we would be cave tubing and he looked at me like what's the big deal. He said his passport has got wet before. I told him it wasn't drenched in water for an hour or so long. He still looked at me like it wasn't a big deal.

Our last trip he took his passport, money, and camera in the ocean. The passport is fine. So was the money. And the camera didn't make it. I'm glad the cell phone stayed on the ship.

You can leave the passport in the safe and just bring a paper copy along with your ship card and photo id. That way it all fits in the case you have. We usually just take id and the ship card along with some cash and a credit card and have not had a problem on any of our cruises. In the past we have done the Eastern Caribbean but trying the Western this year.

We also invested in a couple of waterproof reusable cameras but finally broke down and bough a digital waterproof camera for this trip. It takes great pictures and can be used anytime.

We leave in 25 days... not interested in getting a passport card.

Sorry was just a suggestion we have both a card and a book works well for us , ours was only 35.00 extra a person when we renewed our passports 2 years ago.

Edited by JohnHall1965

We don't have that exact one, but a similar one I think we bought at Dick's Sporting Goods. We love it, we put both passports and money in there no problem. If I were you, I would order these and not think twice about it. I am not comfortable leaving mine on the ship and carrying a copy, a copy will not get me on a plane.

I thought about a zip lock but I want to keep them around my neck. We are going cave tubing and a few other things. Not really going to be on the beach but doing water type excursions.

When hubby and oldest son went cave tubing...I took a small ziplock back and put it inside a Carnival Water pouch we bought on the ship.

No matter how "water proof" the ad says they are...I would not trust them with the passport...I would add the ziplock also.

(Actually, back then...they just put a copy of their passport, a credit card, photo id and money and left the passport in the safe).

Edited by LHP

Funny thing, I'm so used to having to order everything I forgot we have a Sportman's Warehouse here. I might as well drive over and see what they have. Then I won't have to browse the internet if there is anything good over there.

I still can't get over that my husband was going to stick it in his pocket. I'm sure he would have used a ziplock or something but he didn't say that at first.

I found one at Sportsmans Warehouse. It is Lewis N Clark and is called a WaterSeals pouch. Looks like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-Waterproof-Purpose/dp/B0010XW3U6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1342386527&sr=8-3&keywords=lewis+n+clark+waterseals

Not sure if it's that exact size.

Thanks for everyone's help. Something someone said reminded me about Sportmans Warehouse so that pointed me in the right direction. Now I got something that I could actually see in person instead of guessing about online.

Thank you.

• 4 years later...

Amazon has a large number of waterproof bags for iPhones and other smart phones. We bought a couple that have closures that roll and have two closures like ziploc bags and snaps to hold the rolled part shut.. I can slide my passport, credit card, and cash into it, seal the ziploc strips, and roll the top down so snaps close.. They fit into swim suit pockets and also have a lanyard on the top that can go over your head if you so chose. Have carried them on snorkel, tubing, and swimming excursions and have never gotten anything wet.