'go green'

MawganTr

Can anyone explain why it's called 'go green' when actually it's anything but? I'm guessing it's money saving but the amount of paper, ink etc. that I've used printing all the bits that need printing it feels far from green!

It felt a bit like Blue Peter when I was printing, writing, laminating, cutting and stapling our labels for our up coming trip. (which, by the way I'm very much looking forward to!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are 100% correct, it's nothing to do with saving the planet and everything to do with saving Cunard money. Which, is fair enough, business is business, I just hate it when companies lie to their customers and think we are all so stupid that we will believe them - however, they do it because a lot of people clearly do fall for it.

Also, it's called 'Go Green' because people who are naive are often referred to as being 'green'.

I'm not printing out the A4 booklet that is on the vp - I've read & memorised it. I'm sure, though, that it says to print the e-ticket. Have to print the luggage labels, of course! I'll be honest, the labels look cheap, grey and 'naff'.

saves em cash lol

But I dont think they send you the book, tickets and labels , so it must cut back on paper, you dont need a ticket printed either, just turn up with your passport, its all in the system

On our cruise in June on QM2 we were asked to show our e-tickets for the first time.

Just looked at my vp - clearly says, a couple of times, you will need to print your labels and tickets. Cheaper for Cunard not to send them!

I still think that home made labels look cheap!

Just looked at my vp - clearly says, a couple of times, you will need to print your labels and tickets. Cheaper for Cunard not to send them!

I still think that home made labels look cheap!

But you still don't need them, but you will need the labels, although you can collect them from the dock side on arrival:)

All they do is take your passport, check you against the manifest and thats it

Archived