Best destination

bearette

My babies will be about 15 month old next summer. ( twins) I want to begin planning a trip but was wondering which destination would be the most kid friendly? Where did you take your little ones at that age that you and they enjoyed the trip?

Where do you live? Are there ports in driving distance? Some people with little kids like to drive because it is much easier to bring all the stuff babies require in a car rather than a plane. What do you like to do? Beach, sight-seeing? With 15 month olds I would rather do something low-key like the beach, so I might choose a cruise that offered those kinds of ports. Since I am on the East coast I might consider Bermuda. I would want an itinerary that was easy to manage, and might not require lugging a car seat. (ie ferries, stuff in walking distance from the ship.)

Have you settled on a ship yet? With 15 month old twins (how awesome!!) you could look into some of the RCI ships that offer nursery services, or consider babysitting services on RCI. I know Disney cruises also offer a nursery for little ones too. I think NCL and CCL start at age two, but I could be wrong about that. I don't know about any of the other lines.

My twins are 2 years old, and I know that I would want a ship that offered something for the little ones so that my DH and I could get away for a few hours.

Also, one last thing. On most ships diapered children can't go in the pools on deck. Would this be something that would bother you? If so, again, look into RCI (some ships) and Disney b/c they have splash/water areas that your babies could use.

Hope this helps!

We live in southern California so we will have to fly as they no longer do summer cruises to the Mexican Riviera. I knew diapers were an issue for pools so that is why I was considering non beach destinations. We are looking at a Mexican riviera for a test run ( no flying) in December but I wanted to see what others found successful.

We live in southern California so we will have to fly as they no longer do summer cruises to the Mexican Riviera. I knew diapers were an issue for pools so that is why I was considering non beach destinations. We are looking at a Mexican riviera for a test run ( no flying) in December but I wanted to see what others found successful.

So if you don't want beach then you are talking about Alaska, Canada, or Europe, mainly, right?

Beaches don't have diaper restrictions...just the pools on the ship. If you enjoy beaches, by all means, you can go to them and baby can splash all they want!

At that age, I wouldn't consider the child's "wants" too much....if you are happy, so will they be. There is plenty of "kid-friendly" stuff anywhere...and a guidebook will help you find them!

I wanted to hear from peOple who went to Alaska or Europe etc... To see how bringing their young kids was. I thought about Europe because they could still fly cheaply but wasn't sure if it was worth it if once they got there they couldn't do much. I have been to the Caribbean, mexican riviera and Hawaii so I have a good idea of what to expect from there. But in Europe and Alaska ( do they have summer Canadian trips?) I wasn't sure what activities there were.

You can resolve this by bringing a small inflatable pool onboard. They don't need much water and you can sit poolside.

I would recommend Bermuda. 3 days in port, the rest on the sea. Much more to do than just beaching in Bermuda.

Check out my pinterest:

http://pinterest.com/nicebbern/bermuda-cruise/

Archived