Dumb Excursion Mistake

AngAndBoys

Here's another bit of warning/advice from me today. In Freeport, we were supposed to go horseback riding. We were to be at the stables at 10:30 for our 11 o'clock ride. So, I get up, get all the kids up, get off the boat and into the cab and note the time on the clock...it is 1 hour later than ship's time. You guessed it, missed our excursion completely. Even my cell phone didn't switch to local time, I guess because of being in airplane mode.

Anyway, it was pouring down rain. I'm kind of surprised they didn't cancel it. I ended up thinking more than once that day "all's well that ends well" cause I would NOT have wanted to be on a horse in that weather. It was awful. It rained 6 out of 7 days on our cruise, btw...we still had fun and none of us got a sunburn!

Im curious, was it thru CCL or on your own? Are all bahamas stops in the same time zone? :ie: we will stop at Freeport, then Nassau the HMC) So if we set our watches to Bahama time at the first stop we should be ok for all ports???

Sorry you missed ypur excursion but glad you made the best of it. :)

Im curious, was it thru CCL or on your own? Are all bahamas stops in the same time zone? :ie: we will stop at Freeport, then Nassau the HMC) So if we set our watches to Bahama time at the first stop we should be ok for all ports???

Sorry you missed ypur excursion but glad you made the best of it. :)

My guess is privately arranged- to the best of my knowledge ship excursions meet on the pier and transportation is provided to the excursion site.

Archived