Newbie here and just booked first cruise

gabsmom215

Hi, gabsmom215. May I be the first to welcome you to the world of the cruise-obsessed! :D So, where are you sailing? Let us know 'cause I'm sure you'll get all types of info specific to your cruise... and a lot of other helpful tips, ideas and suggestions. ENJOY!:)

Gabs,

Welcome to our little piece of the internet cruising world! You will get so much great advice here. People tell it like it is, they tell you what you wanted to ask the travel agent, but were afraid to ask (like BYOB, how to smuggle it aboard), and they give you good ideas on how to do things. Booking your first cruise is just the beginning. What to take to wear, what to take (most ships do not have hairdryers in the bathrooms), etc. are things you need to know and can find out here! Ask away, we won't bite! LOL.

Thanks for the welcome, Traveller99:) We are doing the Eastern Caribbean leaving on 4/15/06.

Hey Hello gabsmom215!!!!!!

You might want to check out the roll call boards for your cruise and see if ther is a thread started!!!! Great way to meet folks cruising with you!!!!!!!

Your going to have a Blast,,, Enjoy!!!!!:D

Traveller99 we are going on the Western Caribbean 4/20/06 do you have any advice or suggestions for us. This is our first time cruising and I am a little nerveous about it.

First this board and then cruising!

We took our first cruise on Star Princess last Oct. and we are HOOKED! SO much fun! Met a group I chatted w/ for months on this board. Really cool! Let us know if you have questions!

Kristin

Redd,

We're going on our first Western (on RCCL) for Thanksgiving week '05. Not our first cruise, but it is our first Western. We plan to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel and go cave tubing in Belize.

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=CZM&tcode=001000

The above link is for the Royal Swim. Check it out. I'm sure your cruise ship will have this available as part of their excursion list, however for a little less money you can book on your own also.:p

Archived