Amsterdam June 29 - July 13, Cabin 7056

djwho

I've been waiting for someone to post pictures for this room. We were booked in a similar room on the Zaandam in June but took an upsell to verandah in the final days before cruising. I did look forward to the ease of getting to the dining room and the Lido whether on the elevator or stairs. Actually we spent the day in Glacier Bay on the aft deck anyway and very few people even walked through. We felt like we had it to ourselves!

The veranda staterooms were so expensive on the Amsterdam this year that it would have been worth trying 7056 as an alternative. Another concern I had was that the cruise does not go up the inside passage and I expected that going out around Vancouver Island and across the Gulf of Alaska would be a bit rocky (as you confirmed). I'm hoping they will bring this itinerary back for 2014. We did it the first year it was offered and loved it.

In 2010 and 2011 HAL did sail up the Inside Passage when we left Seattle -- we loved that last year.

HAL did raise the prices of the 14 day cruises quite high this year -- which turned off a lot of people who are on budgets.

It still impacted me up to two days after I got off the ship.... didn't think it could have that impact on you. Good news, is I didn't gain any weight on the cruise as I didn't eat that much... :D

My neighbor went on her first cruise the first of January and suffered for three months after her cruise. She had to go to the doctor for medication, but was still having problems. Three months after her cruise, she flew to Florida and she said she was cured after that. It seemed like the flight undid what the cruise had one. :eek: Talk about weird!!!

Archived