Latitudes vs Non-Latitudes check-in

Unknotted

We are 4 siblings and our spouses, cruising on NCL Dawn next year. One couple are both past NCL cruisers, one couple is mixed (one has cruised NCL, one hasn't) and the other two couples have only cruised once before, many years ago, but not with NCL (that means that they feel like brand new cruisers and are nervous.)

So my question is, if we want to check in sort of together, can the Latitudes couples go through the non-latitudes line at check in? I'd just kinda like to stay near my siblings who feel confused and would go to the non-latitudes line if I'm allowed to do that.

Thanks for your input.

We are 4 siblings and our spouses, cruising on NCL Dawn next year. One couple are both past NCL cruisers, one couple is mixed (one has cruised NCL, one hasn't) and the other two couples have only cruised once before, many years ago, but not with NCL (that means that they feel like brand new cruisers and are nervous.)

So my question is, if we want to check in sort of together, can the Latitudes couples go through the non-latitudes line at check in? I'd just kinda like to stay near my siblings who feel confused and would go to the non-latitudes line if I'm allowed to do that.

Thanks for your input.

Latitudes folks can go through any line they want to. :)

You can go into whichever line applies to you. They may have separate lines for balcony etc. So what you are considering the "non-latitudes" actually apply to you as well since it is "latitudes" and "general boarding" not non-latitudes. I had a choice of 4 lines on our last cruise "general", "latitudes", "balcony", "CAS guests".

The only line that makes a difference is Suite guests, because they go from check in to a special waiting spot. Every other line goes to check in desk and then back to the large area to wait with everyone else.

You can go into whichever line applies to you. They may have separate lines for balcony etc. So what you are considering the "non-latitudes" actually apply to you as well since it is "latitudes" and "general boarding" not non-latitudes. I had a choice of 4 lines on our last cruise "general", "latitudes", "balcony", "CAS guests".

The only line that makes a difference is Suite guests, because they go from check in to a special waiting spot. Every other line goes to check in desk and then back to the large area to wait with everyone else.

Oh, I didn't know they had so many different lines, lol. It's been awhile since I cruised NCL so I have forgotten a lot. I guess general boarding is where most of my siblings will have to go since they have never cruised, don't have a balcony, aren't CAS guests, and don't have a suite...they are just wanting to get on the darn ship, :D

DMH15, thanks for the compliment. We are pretty easy to entertain and won't have a problem being in the general boarding line. I just knew that on another (unnamed) cruiseline, they direct you to where they think you should be and if you go to a different place their computers blow a gasket. I'd like to stand in the general boarding line with the rest of the family without being the cause of a meltdown.

Oh, I didn't know they had so many different lines, lol. It's been awhile since I cruised NCL so I have forgotten a lot. I guess general boarding is where most of my siblings will have to go since they have never cruised, don't have a balcony, aren't CAS guests, and don't have a suite...they are just wanting to get on the darn ship, :D

DMH15, thanks for the compliment. We are pretty easy to entertain and won't have a problem being in the general boarding line. I just knew that on another (unnamed) cruiseline, they direct you to where they think you should be and if you go to a different place their computers blow a gasket. I'd like to stand in the general boarding line with the rest of the family without being the cause of a meltdown.

Each port is a little different. There will usually be an NCL hired person directing people to lines, they will look at your boarding pass and direct you to the shortest line you qualify for. Just tell them you are altogether and wish to stay that way.

We were pointed to the wrong line out of NOLA last year, but all they did is print us new cards at the desk we were at....no biggie! We, too, have several coming with us who have never cruised and want to stay with them, so I'm really glad you asked that question! I want to share in their first time cruise excitement...and be available to answer all their questions. I don't care what line I'm in as long as I'm on the ship when she sails! :D

Archived