Help! Gem (Entertainment) or Miracle Itinerary?

mia10010

I'm trying to decide between which last minute cruise to take, and have to decide ASAP. I'm deciding between NCL Gem and Carnival Miracle.

The NCL Gem will be going to Pt. Canaveral, GS Cay, and Nassau. I've done this itinerary before on the Jewel. Although they are not my favorite ports, I've never been on the Gem before, so the ship's production shows will be new. I also like that NCL has alot more to do on the ships like the White Hot party, Quest, Dancing With the Stars, and better deck parties.

The Miracle is a nice ship, but I've sailed her twice, so I can't thing of sitting through the shows again at night. Last year I sailed on the Glory and I felt that there was not enough to do at night on Carnival. On NCL I felt that there was more to do. The only thing is that the Miracle goes to PR, St. THomas and Grand Turk. St. Thomas and Grand Turk are my favorite ports.

So it comes down to this, what is better to decide on, great ports on Miracle with not as much to do on the ship, or so-so ports on Gem, with alot more to do on the ship.

Any opinions would be appreciated in helping me decide.

Thanks.

Hello Rock, meet Hardplace :D

Which one is cheaper?

It's a blessing to have such problems right???

Carnival's cruise is 8 days (2 and a half full sea days on the way there, and another 2 and a half full sea days on the way back)and about $200 less, vs, NCL 7 days......

I love sea days ..... I love NCL.... I love Grand Turk..... I love NCL..... I love saving money....

LOL I am NO Help!! I think I'd go for the cheaper 1 day longer cruise, enjoy Grand Turk and just have to bite the bullet about the lame evening entertainment on Carnival. But then you know that ship and I really like NCL's dining policy and it would be a new ship to you. Maybe I'd do the Gem cruise and never get off the ship. (I don't care for those ports either.) :D

Just came back last month on the Gem.Last May did the Miracle trip.

Prefer the Gem.BUT---the Miracle is a very nice ship too with better ports, if the price is close for each try the Gem--it ranks as one of NCL's best crew and ship and IMHO the food is better.So is the entertainment.

Whichever one you choose,have a great trip !

Archived