huh? early saver price drop denial

i submited price drop requests for 3 of the rooms i had booked. i got an e mail letter stating one of the rooms would be credited. got two more emails that the other two would not be credited because even though the cruise FARE was cheaper that the taxes have gone up and therefore the total would be more. hmmmm....

1. didnt think taxes had anything to do with it?

2. why credit the other room when the taxes were exactly the same?

i just dont get it. what am i missing here?

i submited price drop requests for 3 of the rooms i had booked. i got an e mail letter stating one of the rooms would be credited. got two more emails that the other two would not be credited because even though the cruise FARE was cheaper that the taxes have gone up and therefore the total would be more. hmmmm....

1. didnt think taxes had anything to do with it?

2. why credit the other room when the taxes were exactly the same?

i just dont get it. what am i missing here?

I agree that this doesn't seem right, but I am curious if you booked the 3 cabins at the same time?

In your online docs you can see an itemisation of your 'cruise fare' and 'taxes'. Were they the same for all 3?

Are all the cabins the same category?

Were all 3 booked at same time?

Does each cabin have the same number of people?

Are all the cabins booked under the same fare code?

Have you submitted previous price drop requests for any of the cabins?

Quite a few threads that if the taxes went up they will subtract them from the price drop. Had it happen to me too btw. Ive seen others, about a month ago it was happening more often. Sounds like you might have gotten lucky on the one cabin that slipped thru.

Yep .. you have to pay the increased add on fees and taxes out of price drops.

PS if fees and taxes drop by the time you cruise, they will post to your onboard account as OBC

We are on a b2b in OCt. Each cruise was the same price, leaving from the same port,booked same time, but just 5 days difference in departing yet the fees and taxes were about $35.00 different. No rhyme or reason that i can think of--PVP even said huh? when booking but that is the way it works!

I had one where the taxes went up in between booking adn submitting the price reduction. My fare went down $40 but my taxes went up $32, so I only saved $8. If the taxes had gone up $42, then it would have been declined.

The only thing I can think of is if one of your 3 was booked ahead of the other two.

I had one where the taxes went up in between booking adn submitting the price reduction. My fare went down $40 but my taxes went up $32, so I only saved $8. If the taxes had gone up $42, then it would have been declined.

The only thing I can think of is if one of your 3 was booked ahead of the other two.

I wish that were the case for us. We're still waiting for our first price drop, but our taxes have gone up $187 pp! It'll take a huge price reduction to make that one up! :(

Happened to me too. You may have to call the number on the denial form. I did and they will work with you. You will pay the increase in taxes but get the cabin drop which I am assuming is much higher deduction... :)

so.. talked to carnival today. and although our taxes were all the same, they gave the drop without adding the tax increase to the one room, but wont the other two. said they just made a mistake. oh well... what do you do? its not enough to worry about reall, just frustrating. they 'offered' to go ahead and undo the one they gave me. REALLY???? LOL.

Curiousity is killing me. Why or how do taxes increase? If the price goes down taxes should go down. Has anyone had port fees increase after booking?

I think you are thinking sales taxes or the like that are a percentage, the add on taxes and fees are per head, the same no matter what cabin you book, no matter what price.

so.. talked to carnival today. and although our taxes were all the same, they gave the drop without adding the tax increase to the one room, but wont the other two. said they just made a mistake. oh well... what do you do? its not enough to worry about reall, just frustrating. they 'offered' to go ahead and undo the one they gave me. REALLY???? LOL.

What was the net result after the tax increase and the price drop?

Did the one cabin come out with a lower price?

Bull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a buddy and I booked a room each for our families. I noticed price reduction so I submitted form. Icalled him next day and he did the same thing. Two days later, I get denied and he gets reduction. Then after I make final payment. I notice another price reduction. I do same thing as before and call my buddy. I get like $400 on board credit, he gets like $300. We have same room next door to each other.

So a buddy and I booked a room each for our families. I noticed price reduction so I submitted form. Icalled him next day and he did the same thing. Two days later, I get denied and he gets reduction. Then after I make final payment. I notice another price reduction. I do same thing as before and call my buddy. I get like $400 on board credit, he gets like $300. We have same room next door to each other.

Not defending Carnival, but since your friend got the first price reduction, his cost basis is now lower than yours, so he should get less on the 2nd price drop. If he had gotten the same OBC, then that would mean it was wrong.

Archived