Back From April 24. Mercury

PrincessBubbles

We were on the Celebrity Mercury April 24th. sailing and it was great. The Ship is not shabby and she is very well maintained. Sailing under The Golden Gate was fantastic a clear sunny day. Monterey was our 1st. stop we did the Aquarium. It was good especially the Penguins and the Jellyfish. Catalina we rented a Golf Cart and saw the whole Island. Mazatlan we went to Stone Island on our own and hung out at Victors as recommended by Randy's Happy Horses. Speaking of Randy we got to meet her at Victors. She was sitting there waiting for her group. She was such a nice Lady and had so much info to share with us. We actually ended up going back to the Port with her and her group! PV we did the 5* Beach Resort trip with the Cruiseline. They took us to The Paradise Village Resort, it was very nice we enjoyed our time there. Cabo we shopped in the morning then did a Ships Tour Land's End and Beach. We left there early because they were expecting bad weather. The weather was beautiful at every Port, smooth water over all a little choppy comming back but not bad at all. The storm never surfaced. When we got back to SF it was raining though.

PrincessBubbles,

Hi, glad you had a great time. I guess us "Maniacs" didn't leave the ship in too bad of a condition if you could not find anything wrong with the ship.

Who was your waiter? Did you have any martinis?????

Anne Maria

I'm so glad you had a great time. Yes, there are plenty of things to drink on a cruise ship.

I think all the waiters on Mercury must be great because I can't find anyone yet who has had a bad one.

Wish I was still on her.

Anne Maria

Hi

We will be sailing on the Mercury next Friday out of Vancouver.

First Alaska tour of the season..

What else can you tell us about the ship..

Pools, gym,bars,resturants,staff,etc..

Thanks

John

Hi John,

First off there is a GREAT place on aft deck 11 called the Palm Springs Pool and Palm Springs Bar. It's a covered indoor pool with great lounge chairs. That is also where they make the waffles in the morning and they have the Pasta, Sandwich and Pizza station in the afternoon. It's a great area and then they have tables outside also to sit and eat and enjoy the views. Great place to be.

Secondly, two of the best waiters I've ever had are on Mercury Martinho (from Portugal) and Nely (from Goa, India).

The martini bar is a little small but the Van Gogh Martinis are too die for. I liked the Navigator Lounge allot, but did not get too spend too much time in her.

The food was very good and all the rest of the staff we encounter was friendly and did a terrific job.

Our CD Dru was very nice and probably the best looking cruise director I've ever seen. Not that you would care about that.

Alright, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Have a great time and if you see Nely or Martinho tell them I said hi.

Anne Maria

For anyone interested the CD was named Robin McCartney. He told my friend this was his first assignment. You would never know it he was very good at his job and was funny. The commedian was Don Sherman he was hilarious! He had the audience in stiches! The juggler was Jeff Harris he was also very entertaining. His shows were great. The Magician was Carl Andrews he did the usual stuff but some new tricks that were pretty good. Vinyl was the Acappela group they were also good. We don't usually go to the Shows because we have been on so many Cruises that they all seem alike. We did however go to the Salute To Broadway Show (the 2nd. Show of the week) and it was pretty good. The singers and Dancers did a great job.

The food was very good. My husband ate a lot of fish and said it was very good. The beef was also good. The chicken was horrible. The desserts were ok, but we missed the souffles on Princess. My favorites were the waffle bar and the fruit smoothies from CC.

We really enjoyed this Cruise and would recommend it. Service was excellent. Robin

For anyone interested the CD was named Robin McCartney. He told my friend this was his first assignment. You would never know it he was very good at his job and was funny. The commedian was Don Sherman he was hilarious! He had the audience in stiches! The juggler was Jeff Harris he was also very entertaining. His shows were great. The Magician was Carl Andrews he did the usual stuff but some new tricks that were pretty good. Vinyl was the Acappela group they were also good. We don't usually go to the Shows because we have been on so many Cruises that they all seem alike. We did however go to the Salute To Broadway Show (the 2nd. Show of the week) and it was pretty good. The singers and Dancers did a great job.

The food was very good. My husband ate a lot of fish and said it was very good. The beef was also good. The chicken was horrible. The desserts were ok, but we missed the souffles on Princess. My favorites were the waffle bar and the fruit smoothies from CC.

We really enjoyed this Cruise and would recommend it. Service was excellent. Robin

Robin McCartney was the Asst. CD on our Cruise. Dru must still be on vacation. Robin was very funny.

I've seen Carl Andrews twice now and I think he does a good job.

As for Don Sherman, well we are still laughing. He was terrific.

The rest of the entertainment was okay. I've seen much better from Celebrity in the past. Maybe it was just an off week.

Anne Maria

The rest of the entertainment was okay. I've seen much better from Celebrity in the past. Maybe it was just an off week.

Anne Maria

I felt the same way about the entertainment. I've seen much better. I did think the string quartet was excellent, the bossa nova band in the Rendezvous was aweful (mostly because of the singer), and the activities need to be updated. We made our own fun though and the cruise itself was GREAT. I'd do it all again. Can I go now? :D

I felt the same way about the entertainment. I've seen much better. I did think the string quartet was excellent, the bossa nova band in the Rendezvous was aweful (mostly because of the singer), and the activities need to be updated. We made our own fun though and the cruise itself was GREAT. I'd do it all again. Can I go now? :D

You are right about the singer. I did not care for that band at all.

As for the activities that never makes or breaks our cruises. As long as there's bingo we're happy, not that we play every time, but we usually place twice a cruise. We also make our own fun.

Anne Maria

We were on the Celebrity Mercury April 24th. sailing and it was great. The Ship is not shabby and she is very well maintained. Sailing under The Golden Gate was fantastic a clear sunny day.

Wow... When we were leaving the ship on 4/24 weather wasn't good!!!

It wasn't sunny even at 2:00 PM when we were flying from SFO.

Great that you had sunny sailaway! Golden bridge is wonderful!:)

We were on the 4/10 cruise and the weather was absolutely perfect. No rain and high 60's, low 70's all week. Even probably mid to high 70's by the time we got to Ensenada cause people were in the pool.

I wish all my cruises could have such perfect weather. Too cold in Alaska and too hot/humid in the Caribbean. But hey - such suffering on a cruise ship...I can deal with it :)

Still reeling after our Christmas cruise on MSC OPERA,( just adults) I booked a small Alaska trip , just my boy & I

He is a Ball player, etc.Not very gregarious with strangers but also has a hidden appreciation for the Arts, Music and intillectual persuits.

I wanted this to be an eye opener...how to LIVE it Up he has little or no training on how to be pampered ( by anyone but ME) so because it's Alaska, I forwent the outside cabin ( saving my pennies for a Panama balcony in Dec).Never had a desire for ALASKA will we be impressed?

But the terminal is 5 min away here in West Vancouver.We see these ships cruise by our door every night...now my boy can experience the CHARM & allure of the ocean.I do hope there is even one other young man there to hang with.

I am hoping he will be busy and fulfilled on the MERCURY.Does anyone SWIM in the covered pool? Is everyone running around in mittens and snow boots during port days?

I know I will be easy to please..no mop,wash cloth or laundry basket in sight!!!!....I am single and just LOVE the freedom to meet new friends...want to maybe sing, or participate somehow..never even entered the BARS on OPERA because the shows were tops, met friends at coffee bar in elsewear..and had the BEST time..but I still worry that my boy will be bored...

any suggestions?

Archived