Atlanta airport question

jburke1566

I'm supposed to be coming in on gate C37 and have about 30 minutes to get to gate A2. I haven't been in Atlanta airport in probably 30 years. Does anyone know if it's easier to walk between the two gates or ride the train thing?

You can ride the "plane train" in between gates. DO NOT WALK. You will miss your flight. Just remember you have up until 10 minutes before departure to leave. Also another thing to keep in mind is you usually get into Atlanta before it says your arrival time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The ATL Airport is huge.

I'm supposed to be coming in on gate C37 and have about 30 minutes to get to gate A2. I haven't been in Atlanta airport in probably 30 years. Does anyone know if it's easier to walk between the two gates or ride the train thing?

Take the train thing. (Tram) :D There could be a huge distance between the two. Looks like you are at one end of Concourse C and have to go all the way to the beginning of Concourse A. Your plane at A2 could already be loading when you get off at C37.

omg thank you both so much! I would've tried to walk it! Can you tell me this? The "plane train"....on the map, is that where I ride the escalator up (or down) in the middle of the concourse? I know there will be signs but I get nervous about missing a plane!!!! I just like to know exactly what I'm facing when I get there!

So what do I do if I actually miss my connection flight? Will I have to pay to get put on a different flight? Luckily for cruise purposes, I'll be flying in the night before....but will it cost me if I miss my connection into Charleston?

So what do I do if I actually miss my connection flight? Will I have to pay to get put on a different flight? Luckily for cruise purposes, I'll be flying in the night before....but will it cost me if I miss my connection into Charleston?

You shouldn't have to pay. Hopefully, you are not on the last flight of the night. The landing time is 30 minutes away from the departure time? They shouldn't have booked it that close. I just had Delta change a flight on me going through Atlanta from an hour and a half layover to 35 minutes. I called to have it changed and the ticket agent told me they shouldn't have booked it that close, and they changed my flights free of charge. Good luck getting the flight attendants to let you deplane first. One thing you could do at the gate is see if they'll move you up farther toward the front of the plane based upon your tight connection. I had Delta move me into first class once for that reason only, but that was about 10 years ago. Don't know if you'd have that kind of luck now.

You can ride the "plane train" in between gates. DO NOT WALK. You will miss your flight. Just remember you have up until 10 minutes before departure to leave. Also another thing to keep in mind is you usually get into Atlanta before it says your arrival time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The ATL Airport is huge.

When I first started traveling I did this. "I can walk faster than that stupid train". Holy cow, I didnt realize how far apart the terminals are! I was running in a suit. After that, I rode that train (a lot). Atlanta is a large airport!

omg thank you both so much! I would've tried to walk it! Can you tell me this? The "plane train"....on the map, is that where I ride the escalator up (or down) in the middle of the concourse? I know there will be signs but I get nervous about missing a plane!!!! I just like to know exactly what I'm facing when I get there!

I have an unfortunate situation....I live in ATL and I'm in that da%$ed airport all the time. As a matter of fact, just last week DS and I were coming home from a cruise in Boston and decided to walk from the C gates to the A gates (long story, don't ask). Don't do it with a 30 minute connection!!

When you deplane the first flight (check with gate agent or departure signs to see if A2 is still correct), you will see overhead signs in the terminal that direct you towards baggage claim and the other terminals. They will lead you to an escalator in the middle of the C gates. You will go to the lower level and wait for the next train; they come every couple of minutes. The first stop will be the B gates, the second one will be the A gates. You will then take the escalator back up (follow the signs to A gates) and when you get to the next level up, signs will tell you which direction to turn to get to your specific gate.

The airport sucks, you're lucky you don't have to spend any time there!

I have an unfortunate situation....I live in ATL and I'm in that da%$ed airport all the time. As a matter of fact, just last week DS and I were coming home from a cruise in Boston and decided to walk from the C gates to the A gates (long story, don't ask). Don't do it with a 30 minute connection!!

When you deplane the first flight (check with gate agent or departure signs to see if A2 is still correct), you will see overhead signs in the terminal that direct you towards baggage claim and the other terminals. They will lead you to an escalator in the middle of the C gates. You will go to the lower level and wait for the next train; they come every couple of minutes. The first stop will be the B gates, the second one will be the A gates. You will then take the escalator back up (follow the signs to A gates) and when you get to the next level up, signs will tell you which direction to turn to get to your specific gate.

The airport sucks, you're lucky you don't have to spend any time there!

Thank you for these specific instructions....exactly what I need!!!! So DOWN to the tram and then back up to gate A.....got it!!!

Archived