Shower Size Question Sky vs the fleet

justlaff69

My DH is 6'2 and 300lbs and was not happy with the size of the shower of an inside cabin on the Sky.

I saw a review of the Epic and the showers looked similar.

If we are to cruise with NCL again, I need a bigger shower, any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

I'm about that size and had no problems in a Balcony cabin on the Gem. If he wants something bigger the Mini-suites on the Gem (Jewel, Jade and Pearl as well) have bathtubs so it should be a little roomier than the stall type shower.

The Gem showers also have doors, which is much nicer than a curtain.

The NCL Spirit and the Jewel class ships (and presumably the rest of the fleet) all have adequate showers. I'm a big 'un, and fit in them just fine. I think minisuites and above have bathtubs, maybe with very high sides, making them hard to get in and out of. However, if you go the minisuite route, or indeed any other than an inside cabin, you'll need to take the following paragraph into consideration.

Something to be aware of is the "toilet-in-a-cubbyhole" situation in anything other than inside cabins. He might have a hard time fitting in the "cubbyhole." Inside cabins, though small, have a more open layout without the cubbyhole.

None of this should stop you from sailing NCL.

Of all of the NCL ships we've sailed on, the Sky had the smallest bathroom and shower. The shower had the curtains (that stick to you), rather than a door. On all of the other ships we've felt that the bathrooms were just fine.

Archived