first cruise for this itinerary

munchkin002

We are on the Star Nov. 4 out of New Orleans. This is the first cruise doing the West carrib. for the Star this fall.

Should I be worried about the captain not having directions?!! Just kidding, I am sure they have proper directions! What are your thoughts about this? Just Curious if this makes a difference to any of you cruisers out there!:)

The only major change when a captain starts a cruise to new ports is, the ports themselves. Cruising open water is about the same. Each ports has a pilot, so should never be a big deal. The captains rotate around different ships all the time. Chances are any captain has probably made these ports at some time on another ship anyway.

We are on the Star Nov. 4 out of New Orleans. This is the first cruise doing the West carrib. for the Star this fall.

Should I be worried about the captain not having directions?!! Just kidding, I am sure they have proper directions! What are your thoughts about this? Just Curious if this makes a difference to any of you cruisers out there!:)

My first Disney cruise had a special itinerary and stopped at St Croix.

I was on the inaugural Carnival Breeze and it stopped at Olbia, Italy which was the first time any Carnival shipped had stopped there. The town put on a show when we arrived. It also went to Izmir Turkey, which is not a usual stop for Carnival.

Does it make a difference, not really. But new stops can be appealing, if I haven't been there or would likely get there again, I might choose a specific itinerary.

Do I have concerns about a new itinerary? No, not at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We went on the Star's first cruise out of Tampa last year and the only problem was embarkation at the Port of Tampa. We arrived at the magic time and only had to wait about half an hour outside in the shade of the building to get through security. Once we were inside, the process went smoothly for us.

BUT we were delayed leaving because lines got to be a few hours long outside and people were delayed and I'm told it was a pretty miserable experience for many.

The captain and staff apologized a few times throughout the trip, including during our M&G and promised it would not happen again.

Thing is, they don't have control over the staff at the ports so a new ship at a new port can be problematic.

Other than that, our trip was great and we would have never known it was the first time on that itinerary for the year.

Absolutely not! Wouldn't loss any sleep over a new itinerary for a ship. I would spend my time researching the ship (if you haven't previously sailed the Star) and the cruise itself. Planning and research for a cruise is half the fun for me (the other half being the cruise itself). Besides, it helps pass the time on land til you get out to sea (again)...

In addition, if you're truly concerned, remember that the captain and crew of the Star will benefit from the experience of the captains and crews of all the NCL ships who have done this very well known itinerary.

I have sailed from New Orleans and found their staff to be very efficient so you shouldn't have any problems. You didn't mention if you would be driving to the port but you might want to keep researching events in New Orleans. There is an event on the 4th that could affect traffic flow to the port. Looks like a fun event if you are arriving a day early and can take part in the festivities.

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/includes/events/index.cfm?action=displayDetail&eventid=16929

Archived