What size bungee and magnet?

Csnorrco

Sailing on the Legend in August...I plan on bringing a bungee to hold the balcony door open. What size bungee will I need?? (unstretched 10", 12", 18", 24", etc)?? Also, I have heard that I should bring a refrigerator magnet to keep the air conditioning on while the door is open...what size magnet will I need? Thank you in advance...

To hold the balcony door open, if it wont already stay open on it's own, is a small bungee......a foot long is ample. Wrap it around the doorknob then again around the wall that separates each balcony. Hard to explain but you DON'T need a huge bungee.

A refridge magnet? Don't worry about it. The balcony door is open or it's not. You won't freeze nor burn up.

Although a number of people seem to like to do this, it's really not a good idea to keep the balcony door held open with a bungee cord or doorstop. First of all, it screws up the air-conditioning, not just in your cabin, but could also affect your neighbor's air-conditioner. Secondly, if you've got the balcony door propped open, and then open your door to go out to the hallway, you'll have an incredible wind tunnel! I have also heard of things blowing in from outside when the balcony door is propped open, such as litter and cigarette butts. :eek:

Although a number of people seem to like to do this, it's really not a good idea to keep the balcony door held open with a bungee cord or doorstop. First of all, it screws up the air-conditioning, not just in your cabin, but could also affect your neighbor's air-conditioner. Secondly, if you've got the balcony door propped open, and then open your door to go out to the hallway, you'll have an incredible wind tunnel! I have also heard of things blowing in from outside when the balcony door is propped open, such as litter and cigarette butts. :eek:

Hmmm...Food for thought!! I hadn't thought about that!;)

We tried the bungee cord thing with our balcony door on the Splendor last time and found it to be quite a pain. There wasn't really anywhere to latch it to and when it was latched it was almost dangerous with the tension on it.

We used the doorstop in the room that the room steward uses to prop the door open (stuck in the door jam). Worked great!! And yes, it does have a rush of air when you open your cabin door to the hall.. but it was refreshing and it helped clear out the smell of the cabin after the kids got done eating their room service food! LOL!!

It was great to sleep with the door ajar to hear the waves during the middle of the night.

We didn't use a magnet for the A/C

Archived