Drinking on streets?beach?

PleaseStay

• 2 weeks later...
Are you allowed to have a drink in your hand on the streets? beach?

I'm going to say "No." But the answer to the question depends upon the port, and your age. I start with the assumption that Mexican Police are the enemy, not a friend or persons to be trusted. There are many parts of the country where the police will shake-down tourists for walking with drinks in their hand. Crimes of opportunity. And it doesn't depend on the local laws. It depends on how far the corrupt police believe they can push you before you complain too loudly. Mostly beer bottle drinks, I'm recalling. If you're going to drink while walking then transfer the adult beverage to a non-descript container ... to be on the safe side.

We live in PV during the winter and routinely take a cooler with beer onto Los Muertos (the beach downtown). If you do not want to bring your own drinks you can go to any of the many bars that line the beach and get any kind of drink.

Hank

Archived