Disney Dream Reward Dollars

trmom2

Has anyone used these for their expenses onboard? Want to use the Disney VISA dollars earned for our onboard expenses but don't want to put too much on the rewards card. Will the purser's desk add dollars to the reward card while at sea if you need more?

Thanks

Has anyone used these for their expenses onboard? Want to use the Disney VISA dollars earned for our onboard expenses but don't want to put too much on the rewards card. Will the purser's desk add dollars to the reward card while at sea if you need more?

Thanks

Probably not. the cards are managed by Chase so DCL might not have that ability. You can put another form of payment down to use after the reward dollars are gone. You can also log in to chase.com and have more earned dollars transferred over.

I called DCL yesterday to ask this very same question, and I was told that yes, you can add the money to the card on board. They do it for you at the info (pursers?) desk.

Keep in mind that there is often a large disconnect between the people that answer the phone on shore and what happens on the ship.

I had a problem with my card on board and was strongly cautioned to call Chase and get it straightened out before we went to sea, because the ship wasn't able to assist at all.

Keep in mind that there is often a large disconnect between the people that answer the phone on shore and what happens on the ship.

I had a problem with my card on board and was strongly cautioned to call Chase and get it straightened out before we went to sea, because the ship wasn't able to assist at all.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. It's interesting because the person I talked to on the phone called her boss to make sure she got the correct answer. Oh well!

Yes, just transfer to the reward card and then at the end of the cruise take that card to the customer service desk and they will credit your account with the amount on the card. I did this back in November of 2010 and plan on doing so again this year in October. Great way to pay for on-board expenses and excursions. One of the most simple reward programs around, in my opinion. :)

I called Chase Rewards and they said as was said above I can add points online while I am on the cruise.

Yes, YOU can go to the computer and pay by the minute for the very slow Internet connection and add them. The pursers desk will not do this for you. Why not just put them all on the card in advance and be done with it. Between tips, shore excursions, drinks, photos, specialty dining, etc., the charges add up fast.

You should be able to estimate what your onboard expenses will be for the minimum stuff (tips, excursions, dining, photos) and then add a little to it. I waited several days before i took my rewards card down to the service desk and found they had already made one large charge to my credit card. The rewards card was added as a positive balance and future charges incurred against it. If you think you're going to have enough rewards to cover it all, I would go there early. If you're like us, we had plenty of "stuff" to cover any and all I had available. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot agree more strongly with the people who said do not count on being able to get any help at sea. My suggestion would be to get a new reward card and put all of your points on it. The issue is that the points expire if you don't use them. A new card won't expire until the end of next year. If you have left overs then you have awhile to use them.

Archived