Early saver question for specific categories

Halftocruz

Hi,

I know there have been lots of posts regarding Early saver and I'm sure this has been addressed before but what do you do when you are checking the fareviewer and your cabin category is not listed anymore? So we have a 4F and they list other category 4's but not an F anymore. How do I know if there is a price drop?

Thanks for any help

Kellie

Hi,

I know there have been lots of posts regarding Early saver and I'm sure this has been addressed before but what do you do when you are checking the fareviewer and your cabin category is not listed anymore? So we have a 4F and they list other category 4's but not an F anymore. How do I know if there is a price drop?

Thanks for any help

Kellie

It usually means your category is sold out. So no price drop.

Our first price drop happened about two weeks after we booked. I had the same problem with our category being sold out (we paid the additional amount for a higher deck). We booked ourselves online, so I called Carnival for help. The rep I spoke to ended up changing our stateroom to Deck 1 (no thank you!), so it took another phone call to get it fixed. Since then I have handled the Early Saver form myself. All I do is deduct the difference in price shown from the amount I paid. For example, if you see a $40 drop, multiply that by the number of guests and submit that as the advertised price. It has worked four times and we have quite the OBC! If you haven't paid the balance, they will deduct the difference if you are approved.

BTW..l didn't know about the fare viewer feature until I started reading threads on CC. I had been using the base fare for an interior room shown on the Carnival site. We initially paid $489 pp, and then it went to $454. I submitted a $140 price difference on the ES form since we have 4 in the stateroom.

How do you know what your category is? I can't find where mine is listed.

How did you book your cruise? Was it with a travel agent or Carnival directly?

How did you pick a cabin without knowing the category?

Maybe you picked the funsaver where they don't assign your cabin until later?

If you look at the deck plans and look for your cabin number you can find out what category you have.

Good luck. I hope you get plenty of price drops.

Bill

How did you book your cruise? Was it with a travel agent or Carnival directly?

How did you pick a cabin without knowing the category?

Maybe you picked the funsaver where they don't assign your cabin until later?

If you look at the deck plans and look for your cabin number you can find out what category you have.

Good luck. I hope you get plenty of price drops.

Bill

I booked with a Carnival employee (a PVP?). My sister (an experienced cruiser) and I looked at Carnival's website together, picked the cabin, then I just gave the # when I called.

I did FINALLY find the category, after a couple of hours of looking (off & on). I still really don't know what it means, but it'll work to keep an eye on fares. :) I booked the Early Saver, btw.

We had only heard about fare viewer on cc as well.

When we searched our fare it went down in price. But according to our ta those prices don't include tax so we wouldn't get credited.

I guess they just show the base fare without tax... Anyone with insight would be appreciated.

This was our first time booking so early In advance and this is all new to us!

We had only heard about fare viewer on cc as well.

When we searched our fare it went down in price. But according to our ta those prices don't include tax so we wouldn't get credited.

I guess they just show the base fare without tax... Anyone with insight would be appreciated.

This was our first time booking so early In advance and this is all new to us!

Fareviewer just gives you the amount of the cruisesfares added together. .. yes, no add on taxes and fees included, as you are just watching the cruisefare for price drops... so its the cruisefare and you compare it to your own cruisefare you paid. if the add on taxes and fees drop you will get OBC once you are onboard, so you dont watch it now.

I still use TA sites to do the pp, instead of adding them up .. but either way works. I look at what I paid pp, then compare it to TA sites what the pp price is and thats what I use when I submit it.. the pp, some people use the total amount.

either works... but you only use the cruisefare itself.

It usually means your category is sold out. So no price drop.

Even if your category is sold out, if a better category advertises a price lower than what you paid, you still get the OBC for the difference.

So if you book a 4A for $499 and it sells out, but a 4B is later listed for $479, you get a $20 credit. You also qualify for an upgrade if you want it.

Keep in mind the price guarantee applies up until two days before you sail. So if they cut prices in the last week to get rid of a few unsold cabins, you might get a real nice deal and/or upgrade if you move fast.

Even if your category is sold out, if a better category advertises a price lower than what you paid, you still get the OBC for the difference.

So if you book a 4A for $499 and it sells out, but a 4B is later listed for $479, you get a $20 credit. You also qualify for an upgrade if you want it.

Keep in mind the price guarantee applies up until two days before you sail. So if they cut prices in the last week to get rid of a few unsold cabins, you might get a real nice deal and/or upgrade if you move fast.

More often than not you are REQUIRED to upgrade to price match, so you are in the same category. I put in the comments I would prefer to keep my cabin, just price match to the category above mine .. they moved me without asking, but I got the price drop.

Its more than you also qualify .. as in you are probably going to have to give up your picked cabin and move to the upgrade to get the price match .. sometimes someone gets a lazy rep who doesnt make them move as per the rules and just gives them the OBC... but its the exception to the rule.

Yes, you get the price drop up to two BUSINESS days, which might exclude weekends.

Archived