Galveston to Hobby, flight time?

Poochie71

Hi, we arrive in Galveston on Mariner of the Seas at 7am on 6th January 2013. We are flying to LA and are wondering whether we should overnight in Galveston and fly out the next day or if we can fly from Hobby Airport at 9.10am which I think is way too early or 1.35pm. I know there is other flight times but we prefer a non stop flight.

Can I get other people's thought's on what they think, would it be ok for the 1.35pm flight or should we wait for the next day?

We understand there is a good chance of fog delaying the ship's arrival in January. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do not reserve the 9 am flight. You won't make it.

1:35 is good.

Weather can never be predicted. Some years we have a lot of fog, other years - none.

Staying over night would allow you to unwind, relax and see some of the island.

Plan what you are comfortable with.

You should probably stay one night just to be on the safe side if you can. I'm going to Galvelston with my family next month for the Carnival Magic, and we're staying one night so we can unwind from the flight, and set a little leeway time in case something goes awry.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to hear that Galveston isn't THAT far from Hobby!:D We've booked a noon flight home from Hobby on Saturday, February 2nd and plan to use the Princess Transfer to get us to the airport, but will request the early "off" time to give us some fluff. We will arrive the day before the cruise though - always like that cushion in case there are problems on the way out.

Archived