Anyone on Veendam that can get message to a crew member

etmanch

I was hoping that someone is reading cruise critic on their way back to New York. I have a favor to request if you are reading this post. My husband and I got to know the bartender at the ocean bar really well during happy hour ;)

We are sending him a gift and his name is Voltaire. If you could send him this message for us that we got him his gift and that now I just need to ship from Canada to the USA so it may be a little while till he gets it. We were on the July 1st sailing to bermuda and had a great time. I am going to post soon about our experience but wanted to get this message to Voltaire as soon as I could. I know he will be very happy to hear that Bruce and Cheryl did not forget :). Thanks to whoever can get this message to him for us. Happy sails

Just so you know........

Bar staff often rotates around the ship to different bars. They are not usually in the same bar their whole contract.

But seeing you gave his name, he should be easily found if someone wants to look for him. There aren't that many bars on Veendam. :)

Just ask any of the bartenders and they'll tell you were he is.

Yes I was not sure if he would still be at the ocean bar so for sure thought it would help to give his name. Now I just need to find someone on the ship to relay this message. Perhaps I just need to book another cruise on the Veendam :)

Yes I was not sure if he would still be at the ocean bar so for sure thought it would help to give his name. Now I just need to find someone on the ship to relay this message. Perhaps I just need to book another cruise on the Veendam :)

That would be my best advice! :D

Well I actually have not shipped it yet however he did give me very clear shipping info to 676 9th ave suite 238 inter cruises shoreside at port services new York 10036 attn o/b Veendam / barman and his full name. I understand that port services delivers packages each Sunday upon the ships return however I am worried that it reaches him ok and not in to the hands of someone else. Does anyone have any experience sending crew gifts? I am finding that the shipping via courier to the USA is not cheap but I want to follow through on my promise to this hard working gentleman.

I wish I would have gotten his email address so that I could be in touch directly but keeping my fingers crossed that someone is either on the ship now or going to be on the ship Sunday to relay this message. Thanks!

Thanks for all the great advice. I am actually going to send him a separate letter via snail mail to let him know to expect the package via courier. That way I cover both bases. I am even putting in a photo of my dh and I so that he can put a face to the name. I am sure with the thousands of passengers each cruise we all start to look alike :D. Thank you again for responding to my post. I love this forum!

I was hoping that someone is reading cruise critic on their way back to New York. I have a favor to request if you are reading this post. My husband and I got to know the bartender at the ocean bar really well during happy hour ;)

We are sending him a gift and his name is Voltaire. If you could send him this message for us that we got him his gift and that now I just need to ship from Canada to the USA so it may be a little while till he gets it. We were on the July 1st sailing to bermuda and had a great time. I am going to post soon about our experience but wanted to get this message to Voltaire as soon as I could. I know he will be very happy to hear that Bruce and Cheryl did not forget :). Thanks to whoever can get this message to him for us. Happy sails

You might try the roll call that is going out tomorrow. Some one just posted this evening and they are from NY. Maybe they might read your post and be able to carry a message to Voltaire. Here is the Link..

Veendam Bermuda - July 22, 2012 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Thanks so much Melody. I will give that a try. I would not worry so much if the gift was something insignificant however it is something special so hence my plea to contact him. :)

I have sent packages as well as letters to our special HAL friend through the HAL Seattle address. In addition to his name, position and department, clearly include the ship's name. He has received everything I've sent wherever in the world he is at the time.

Yes that is my guy!!! I love the photo!!

I can not thank you enough for passing that message along to him for me. I have been tracking his package since it left from Ontario and USPS website shows it was successfully delivered July 30th. Now I just pray that it gets delivered by port services this Sunday upon the ships return.

I hope you had a great cruise to Bermuda and again thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love random acts of kindness!!

That would be wonderful if you could go see him for me :).

If you could tell him that the package was received at the address he gave us so he should get it this Sunday the 5th of August when the ship comes back to NY.

Have a wonderful cruise.....sure wish I could go again!

I have wonderful news!! Voltaire received the gift we sent him today and he was so happy! I am just thrilled beyond words as this gift meant very much to him and the fact that dh and I were able to give him this is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

If anyone is going on the Veendam please stop by the ocean bar to say hello and try his lemon drop martini :)

Thanks again to all of those on cruise critic who helped me be in touch with him. He told me that in his 26 yrs of sailing the open seas that this was the best thing that ever happened to him! God bless Voltaire!

Again,,,,,, just because he was in Ocean Bar when you sailed with him, anyone seeking him out on the ship should look or ask at all the bars as they move the bar staff around, bar to bar.

He well could remain at Ocean Bar but chances are he'll be moved.

Of course, on Veendam there are not that many bars nor that many bartenders. He should be very easy to find. Anyone of the bartenders in any bar can tell you where he is currently working.

Happy he received your gift. It was very kind of you to do that for him.

Any chance you want to share with us some idea of what it was? :D

You know, of course, after a whole thread about it, some of us are curious. ;) Inquiring minds and all that......

Congratulations on successfully getting your package delivered!!

Hi Sail7Seas,

Ok because you asked and your right I would be very curious as well :D

We sent him a Blackberry Torch. I know probably not all that exciting since almost everyone has a cell phone now a days but it meant the world to him.

He was just moved to the ocean bar recently from a long stint at the pool bar so I think he will be at the ocean bar at least till they are done sailing to Bermuda.

He has been reading these posts after he found out that I was trying to be in touch with him. Cruise Critics sure is a wonderful :)

Thanks Sail7Seas!

I know being in touch with his family via text messages will be wonderful for him! I can not imagine having to be away from my family for so long. It must be so hard and I wish I could give all the crew a present like I did Voltaire as they really do all work hard. Guess I better get another job so I can ;)

Archived