NOLA pre cruise

Sorry that I can't help you with the airboat tour. Sounds like a lot of fun. You should give us a review of it when you get back. As for other things to do in New Orleans, I would highly recommend walking around the French Quarters and visit some of the shops. See the artists around Jackson Square and walk into St. Louis Cathedral. We attended mass there the morning of our cruise. Some people enjoy the cemetary tours as there is a lot of history and stories to be told about them. On that same note, they also have night time ghost tours. If you have time and access to a vehicle, you can drive out to a plantation and soak in the deep south feelings of long ago. Some people can't visit New Orleans without getting their beiget fix. (Did I spell them right?:)) Anyway, have a great time no matter what you choose.

I used the Search This Forum feature for you.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1558688 for an "oldie but goody" thread on this forum titled New Orleans swamp tour.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1675421 for another "oldie but goody" titled Air Boat Ride? on the Ports of Call - New Orleans Forum.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1059649 for another "oldie but goody" thread on the Ports of Call - New Orleans Forum titled Airboat Swamp Tours.

Kat 50.gif

Thanks for the ideas and websites. Do you know which ghost tour is good?

No, but our Ports of Call - New Orleans Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=21 may be able to help you. That's another place where you can research for New Orleans tours, excursions, transportation, hotels, etc. Your fellow Cruise Critic members post their reviews/recommendations there.

And remember, the Search this Forum feature is your friend! Please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on all Cruise Critic message board forums with your key word or words. It will help narrow down the threads you will want to read during your research. Also, you can see if your inquiry has been asked and answered before. And it probably has... many, many times! 05.gif

Click the Search this Forum feature to open the drop down menu. Type in your key word or words then click the little Go button. I suggest you do not try a search with too many or too common of key words at one time. This will sometime overwhelm the search feature with too many threads to scan and it will time out. From time to time, you may receive an error message that says "Search function is down". PLEASE TRY AGAIN in a few moments. This message will often pop up during the busiest times of the day. Also, be sure to read the Sticky titled How To Perform More Detailed and Specific Searches on the Boards at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969846.

When doing your research, be sure you are on the correct forum. After you have browsed/researched for your topic and possibly not found an answer, word your new inquiry title so the other members scrolling through the thread titles will know exactly the information you seek. This will help the members so they can reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, port of call, etc. and on the correct forum. You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members with their answers to you.

Sending you lots of good luck in your search for more info!

Kat 50.gif

Try eating at the Gumbo Shop. The food is really good. We have an 18 year old and a 21 year old. Even as locals, my kids like to spend the weekend just walking around during the day. The night ghost tours are a lot of fun too.

• 4 weeks later...

I've done the airboat tour in NOLA and it wasn't quite all I had hoped for. We've also done the larger boat swamp tours several times and enjoyed those much more. The airboat goes very fast so it's quite a rush, but it makes it impossible to talk to your party and you often feel like you're missing things as you fly by. The basic swamp tour is absolutely amazing as far as getting to see lots of gators and other wildlife as well as learn about the swamp. Thats just my 2 cents.

You must get benigets while you're there. Cafe du Monde is the most famous and they are definitely tasty, but we much prefer the ones at Cafe Beniget on Bourbon St. They aren't so crazy busy so they actually make them to order, and check out their crawfish omelette too. I'm hungry just thinking about that place!

Archived