Room Service

scoobiecruiser

I was wondering if anyone has been on the Golden and has had room service like the first day out at sea and if so can you get a full breakfast meal or is it just a continental breakfast?We are planning a cruise to Alaska in September and we always have a cabin with a balcony and would like to have room service once or twice.:)

We are planning a cruise to Alaska in September and we always have a cabin with a balcony and would like to have room service once or twice.:)

Have you considered the Ultimate Balcony Dinner as a treat for yourself?

I was wondering if anyone has been on the Golden and has had room service like the first day out at sea and if so can you get a full breakfast meal or is it just a continental breakfast?We are planning a cruise to Alaska in September and we always have a cabin with a balcony and would like to have room service once or twice.:)

The card that is provided in your stateroom just offers a limited breakfast. Fruit, yogurt, pastries and an egg mcmuffin clone. Many people on cruise critic report writing in other items and gettting them while others say they have tried writing other items on the card and have not received them. Who knows? We just got off the Ruby on the 17th and during our cruise my brother and dad shared a cabin and they called in the order to room service and had omelets, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. I thought that perhaps this was allowed because my dad requires a handicap room and that they might give special treatment. However, we called in one day and ordered bacon and eggs (scrambled and over medium) and the order was taken without comment and promptly delivered.

We have sailed on the Crown,Caribbean, Ruby, Emerald and Island(twice)and have written in additional (hot and cold) selections on the card on each of those sailings. We have sailed in both balcony and mini-suites,and have always received what we ordered. You should definitely try it on the Golden. I plan to in April....:)

Fair winds!

I have ordered full breakfast from room service. You can write in anything you like and it will be delivered. However, since the kitchen is so far away, it was always cold - except for the cold stuff that was warm.

I never order scrambled eggs because all the lines use the powdered eggs - ick!

The best is the Fruit. Order fresh pineapple, paypaya, mango, strawberries, blueberries, and you can't go wrong. I always order an extra-large bucket of ice with my breakfast for the orange juice and milk. Order extra glasses of cranberry juice for my amaretto at night.

I have always found the room service to be on time and excellent.

Archived