Wine Emersion Cruise on The Milly

linseymac

Oops...It's the Constellation! Going on this cruise in September. Any hints as to what we should see in the ports of Le Havre, Bordeaux, Bilboa,, Vigo and Porto? Do any excursions "shine" above the rest? We need something mile to moderate in activity level.

i would take your question to the Port of Call forum on the main page of the message board. You will find all kinds of recomendations from folks who have been to those ports and have done excursions.

Also sign up on your roll call. Again on the main message board, check on Celebrity "connection" then the name of your ship and then the actual sailing.

I know it takes awhile to explore all the different forums on CC and the different thread. But there is a wealth of information to help you plan your cruise.

I would sign up for the roll-call.

I would also check out roll-calls from other dates that are sailing before you for ideas from people already booked and searching for tours and ideas.

We are booked for 10/1 and i can say it's been one of the more challenging cruises for finding tours. Many of the ports are some distance from the areas you want to tour, so they require pre-arranged travel and/or tours. In other words, not as easy Do-It-Yourself ports where you just get off the ship and can walk around the port city.

And i would say that the tour guides are not as plentiful as many other European ports and requires more research, hunting and networking. They are also higher priced. We are spending 2x per tour what we spend in Italy, Greece, Egypt, Turkey, etc.

Many who have been booked, have pointed me to others tour guides, who were also booked and pointed me toward others. None of which i found searching the internet.

Best recommendation BOOK EARLY! everything for mine was selling out a couple months ago.

Still looking forward to it, just more work than typical.

Good Luck!

Another source of information is Trip advisor and also the travel web sites for France, and cities you will be visiting.

I found a private tour guide for unpcoming cruise thru a post from one of the "destination experts" on the Trip advisors forum.

Cruise Critic is not the only source that should be explored when going to ports or areas that have little or only the same information on the ports of call.

Another source of information is Trip advisor and also the travel web sites for France, and cities you will be visiting.

I found a private tour guide for unpcoming cruise thru a post from one of the "destination experts" on the Trip advisors forum.

Cruise Critic is not the only source that should be explored when going to ports or areas that have little or only the same information on the ports of call.

I would second that...as many of these 'ports' are often more land-based vacations, i found more help on Trip Advisor!

Archived