Elbow Beach

mthayer295

We are about to embark on our 4th cruise to Bermuda. I thought that last time we went which was 2009 we had gone to Elbow beach and rented lounge chairs. I was looking on this list and seeing folks saying there were no chair rentals. I dug out my old guide book and sure enough in the blank pages that they give you for notes I had handwritten that we rented lounge chairs at elbow beach for $12 and that we had gone next door to elbow beach hotel for lunch and a hamburger was $20. My question is - why are there no longer chairs at elbow?

We are about to embark on our 4th cruise to Bermuda. I thought that last time we went which was 2009 we had gone to Elbow beach and rented lounge chairs. I was looking on this list and seeing folks saying there were no chair rentals. I dug out my old guide book and sure enough in the blank pages that they give you for notes I had handwritten that we rented lounge chairs at elbow beach for $12 and that we had gone next door to elbow beach hotel for lunch and a hamburger was $20. My question is - why are there no longer chairs at elbow?

We just got back and there are chairs and umbrellas for rent. Did not rent so cannot help with cost.

The reason for the confusion is there are 2 sections on Elbow - the public section that you access via an alley a bit west of the hotel entrance, and the hotel beach. The hotel does rent chairs and sell food and drinks, the public area does not have rentals.

We haven't rented there, just stopped for cocktails. They will give you prices if you e-mail them at

ebbda-concierge@mohg.com

They also offer a day pass with a "cabana" but it is very pricey.

Talk about pricey :eek::

It's $400.00!!

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/bermuda/images/poolside_spa_cabana.pdf

Yes, but you get a mini fridge, wireless internet, telephone, safe, personal music system, hi def flat screen TV, among other things....all the things so you don't even know you're at the beach. The best part is, they are not even ON the beach.:p:D

Just take a towel, sun screen, and water and go to the public section of Elbow for awhile, have a cold one at Mickey's at Elbow and use their restroom then bus to Warwick Long Bay for a beautiful beach. Jobson's Cove is next door and is also a must-see. There's a vendor at WLB selling dogs and cold beers. Horseshoe is 2 bus stops further west on the way to Dockyard if you want to see the crowds...

If you're heading back to Dockyard try Henry the 8 for a fun evening spot and a bite.

Archived