NCL Mastercard - Credit toward final pmt with TA

jame_g

I usually book through NCL, but I have a cruise booked through a TA for next year. I will want to redeem points for a credit toward my final payment. Has anyone had problems doing this when booking through a Travel Agent? Or does it work just as well as booking directly through NCL?

I usually book through NCL, but I have a cruise booked through a TA for next year. I will want to redeem points for a credit toward my final payment. Has anyone had problems doing this when booking through a Travel Agent? Or does it work just as well as booking directly through NCL?

Best to call the credit card redemption number. For some of the redemption offers you have to book with the TA the credit card company uses.

For points to go towards cruise payment, I was told I would have to book with the TA the credit card company uses.

Also for OBC, seeing how I didn't use their TA, I would get 80% of the point value instead of 100%. If I want to redeem the points for cash I would get 100% of the value.

My understanding of the NCL card is that the best (meaning most advantageous) way to handle payments is

to run final thru the card, thus getting double NCL points, then wait til you have 25k points (highest redemption %) and get the $250 cash back to paydown cc bill with it. This only works if TA pays NCL directly with your cc.

Archived