Liberty of the Seas or Jewel of the Seas

Trying to decide which ship to take,LOS or JOS. Have been on Freedom but never Jewel. LOS goes to Belize(never been) and Coz. Jewel to Coz and Key West (have been to both but wouldn't mind going again). We are in are eary 60's but love being active on the ship. Would love some feed back on which ship to choose. Thanks,Kathy:

My vote is for the Jewel just to experience a different class of ship. I have heard good things about the Jewel and I also love Key West and Cozumel. Belize is not one of my favorites, not a fan of barbed wire and armed guards around the port. Cruisers are warned not to venture outside the fenced area for safety reasons. You really have to get out of the port area on an excursion to enjoy the country. I never really knew what poor meant until I was on a bus traveling through the city. You can tell I am not a fan, others may have had better experiences, the diving is said to be spectacular.

I would not want to tender on a ship the size of Liberty for Belize. Been on both ships and I myself prefer the Liberty. The Jewel has been the most crowded feeling RCI ship that I have cruised and I was just on it again in April and it felt the same way. The Radiance class ships are beautiful and have many nice quiet areas compared to that of the Freedom class.

Archived