How strict are they with age limits in kids clubs?

Leaving on Sat on Explorer of the Seas. Have a 14 year old daughter and will be traveling with a bunch of kids who are 15-17. Will they allow her to move up in the teen clubs if we give our permission?

In my experience -they are very strict!

We will keep our fingers crosssed. She is very mature and hangs out with these kids all of the time. I feel like she would be fine, hopefully they will think the same thing and let her.

Does anyone know what the major differences in activities are between the 12-14 group and the 15-17 group?

Our grandson is 14, on our last few cruises, all on the Enchantment the teen groups were together for most of the time, since they can come and go as they please there usually aren't enough in either age group to do things separately. I realize the Enchantment is smaller than the Explorer so it may be different.

I think they are much stricter with the younger age groups since there are so many in each group, we did sail with a family whose girls would have been split up and they let them pick which age group they both wanted to be in. But they let us know this was an exception because there was room in both groups, on another cruise it might not have been possible.

Our daughter was six weeks away from turning 9, and the Allure allowed her to try out both the 6-8 group and 9-11 with no problem. They did say that they would assess her during her first visit to the 9-11 group.

Turned out that wasn't necessary because she ended up preferring the 6-8 group anyway. The big kids intimidated her ... she's a munchkin.

Archived