Who cares where you are from and what they would never do there!

parrothead74

I love when I hear someone say,"Well, I'm from_______ and you would never see _______ there". Insert wherever you want in the first line and whatever bugs them in the second. Man, live and let live. Here's a little secret, everyone thinks where they are from and how they grew up is the right way, best way, etc. What I can't wrap my head around is the need to share your dissatisfaction with the unfortunate souls who wandered in earshot. You aren't in Kansas anymore Toto, when you are born you are given a ticket to the freakshow... why not enjoy today's performance with a smile? Unless someone is actually violating your safety, personal space, or directly engaging you in a confrontational or distasteful manner who gives a crap? We are all on vacation together and if you don't like the general public I suggest a more upscale vacation.

Just curious, what provoked this post? Another thread or what? If it's another thread, point me in that direction.

A combination of personal experiences on board and the "Avoid Carnival & Miami" thread. I marvel at people dropping where they are from assuming that we are all supposed to know what that means? I just think folks have to get over themselves and stop judging.

A combination of personal experiences on board and the "Avoid Carnival & Miami" thread. I marvel at people dropping where they are from assuming that we are all supposed to know what that means? I just think folks have to get over themselves and stop judging.

Thanks for the speedy answer. That thread I did read but not in the past couple days. I just want to say, I'm from Philly, and where I come from we don't judge people! Just kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree. I am from somewhere and you would never catch me doing that.....LOL. People are funny animals especially the ones who think they need to tell everyone else how to act and respond to things.

Thanks for the speedy answer. That thread I did read but not in the past couple days. I just want to say, I'm from Philly, and where I come from we don't judge people! Just kidding.

I live on Long Island & I would never judge a guy from Philly, unless he is wearing an Eagles jersey, even then I realize he doesn't know any better... :)

I love when I hear someone say,"Well, I'm from_______ and you would never see _______ there". Insert wherever you want in the first line and whatever bugs them in the second. Man, live and let live. Here's a little secret, everyone thinks where they are from and how they grew up is the right way, best way, etc. What I can't wrap my head around is the need to share your dissatisfaction with the unfortunate souls who wandered in earshot. You aren't in Kansas anymore Toto, when you are born you are given a ticket to the freakshow... why not enjoy today's performance with a smile? Unless someone is actually violating your safety, personal space, or directly engaging you in a confrontational or distasteful manner who gives a crap? We are all on vacation together and if you don't like the general public I suggest a more upscale vacation.

I like you and love your post. Thank you!

I like you and love your post. Thank you!

Well thanks Bob & Mary (not sure who wrote the post). The funny thing is I actually enjoy watching this behavior, it's that ticket to the freakshow I guess. The best is especially when they reference their 1 horse town 3 hours drive from some minor somewhere & expect you to know where that is & how it bears on the conversation.

Some of the worst offenders are ex NYers. Every time I hear,"Well I am from Brooklyn, so..." my skin crawls. What does that mean? You are a mobster or a badass street thug? You are wearing bermuda shorts and crocs, plus you are like 70...

I am from OHIO and LORD knows I having no right to judge anyone!!!!!! LOL! Where I come from we pretty much dont give a flying "you know what" about your social status or anything else for that matter!

I live on Long Island & I would never judge a guy from Philly, unless he is wearing an Eagles jersey, even then I realize he doesn't know any better... :)

.... or a Phillies shirt... just as bad!!! lol

And for the benefit of my son (in case he's reading this), no one will think poorly of you unless you're wearing a 49er's jersey.:eek::D Now, let's all sing along, "I don't to work, I just wanna bang on this drum all day..."

Well I'm from Indiana and they sure don't know how to make grits here.

Which is strange because this is the land of Corn. :confused:

Hunh, It's not like it's difficult to cook them.

Just kind of read the back of the bag and go for it.

Maybe it's the water?

Well thanks Bob & Mary (not sure who wrote the post). The funny thing is I actually enjoy watching this behavior, it's that ticket to the freakshow I guess. The best is especially when they reference their 1 horse town 3 hours drive from some minor somewhere & expect you to know where that is & how it bears on the conversation.

Some of the worst offenders are ex NYers. Every time I hear,"Well I am from Brooklyn, so..." my skin crawls. What does that mean? You are a mobster or a badass street thug? You are wearing bermuda shorts and crocs, plus you are like 70...[/quote]

lol!

Ha! I judge everyone - I just don't tell them about it! :p

Isn't that an oxymoron??? ;)

Hunh, It's not like it's difficult to cook them.

Just kind of read the back of the bag and go for it.

Maybe it's the water?

Uuuuggghh, I can pretty much figure out how to make them ;) I should have added in my post that they are not available on very many restaurant breakfast menus in this area. Unless, I want to go to the Cracker Barrel, down by the interstate, and wait 90 min in line for a bowl of grits.

Funny thing is, that I could get a great bowl of grits on both of my cruises and I'm willing to bet that the cooks aren't even from the south.

In fact, folks up here don't even know what fried green tomatoes are. It's all a Southern thing. I'm a transplant from the South and do miss some of my favorites.

:)

Archived