Ok Have to ask

I am booked on carnival freedom in a balcony 8a - 3 person (even though there are only 2 of us in room). I booked this using our new VIFP # even though we have never cruised.

Now I am wanting to upgrade to a 8C - 3 person room under same VIFP # and guess what carnival tells my TA?

We cannot book a 3 person room with only 2 people otherwise we have to pay 3rd person fare. HUH???? I didn't have to pay 3rd person fare in the 8a - 3 person room:confused:

Opinions please

I am booked on carnival freedom in a balcony 8a - 3 person (even though there are only 2 of us in room). I booked this using our new VIFP # even though we have never cruised.

Now I am wanting to upgrade to a 8C - 3 person room under same VIFP # and guess what carnival tells my TA?

We cannot book a 3 person room with only 2 people otherwise we have to pay 3rd person fare. HUH???? I didn't have to pay 3rd person fare in the 8a - 3 person room:confused:

Opinions please

wow! You, your travel agent, and Carnival have sure given you a roller coaster ride on this booking.

I have never heard of paying for a person that is not there. I have heard them refuse your booking a cabin that is under booked though.

Good luck getting this chapter solved.

Bill

Your TA is horrible. If there is ever another cruise- please book direct and save yourself the headache.

The TA shouldn't have booked you in a 3 person cabin with 2 people in the first place- another bad on the TA.

At this point I would force the TA to release the booking and deal with Carnival directly. They do not deserve their commission after all the mess and misinformation they have given you.

Not sure if the blame falls on TA this time.

She booked it with carnival as she was liasoning with me on the other line.

Alot of back and forth and I could here her repeating in the background to Carnival when we upgraded from inside to the 8a balcony. Carnival should have seen the booking and noticed there was only 2 of us.

Will have to follow up on this tommorrow. Have been trying to upgrade to 8C since last thursday. Nailing it down one way or other tommorrow with TA and carnival.

Wish me luck!

Sorry but the blame really falls a lot on your TA- if not entirely. The TA would be doing the booking and managing the booking on goccl.com. They shouldn't ever need to call Carnival since everything is done there and every answer can be found there if your TA would ever had taken the time. Your TA should log in, manage your booking and upgrade you to an 8C no problem- just a few clicks. Why they have to keep calling carnival is beyond me. If they had to call Carnival to do everything then they should have told you just to book it with them rather than being a go between.

Plenty of 8Cs left on your sailing- they shouldn't have any issue finding a cabin to upgrade you to. Good luck, I hope it works out and you enjoy your cruise after all this.

Would this mean that Carnival would have the right to move us from our 8a three person if someone else needs it?

EEGADS if they can - god knows where we would end up???

Yes, they can move you if someone with 3 people needs the room.

Would this mean that Carnival would have the right to move us from our 8a three person if someone else needs it?

EEGADS if they can - god knows where we would end up???

Ummmm- I dont want to scare you but, yes. I doubt they will- I would hope they wouldn't, but yes they do reserve that right.

See page 4- item E

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/Carnival_Travel_Agency_Policy_20110531.pdf

So where could we possibly be moved to?

I better get this all straightened out tommorrow.

The TA is hard enough to get hold of. Last time I had to get it in writing from carnival to convince her to not listen to carnival rep about the VIFP thing and that we were ABLE to use it for discount even if you have not cruised.

I have sent another email regarding this second upgrade to carnival - hope to have something in writing again.

God this is alot of work and yes will not book via TA again.

The TA is hard enough to get hold of. Last time I had to get it in writing from carnival to convince her to not listen to carnival rep about the VIFP thing and that we were ABLE to use it for discount even if you have not cruised.

I have sent another email regarding this second upgrade to carnival - hope to have something in writing again.

They would move you to a similar cabin but location could be anywhere that cabin class is.

Yes, they can move you if someone with 3 people needs the room.

Yep, they can move you to a cabin of their choice since your TA underbooked you. (I agree with you)

It is the TAs responsbility.. dont excuse her. She should have looked up the cabin .. but so should you have and seen it was a 3 person cabin. It does sound like you were aware you underbooked .. and now say two wrongs make a right.. if they allowed the other booking .. they should allow this one.

The cabin could have not been as close to capacity when they allowed the first booking that was underbooked and then as it filled more it clicked in to not allow any more underbooking. Once it clicks in for a ship. you arent going to get them to make a exception for you.

My friend had a midship location and got moved aft when they booked 2 into a quad .. and she is a TA, and had enough power to threaten them with no more bookings and stuff until she got her way, by threatening them. I dont think you have that kind of power to get them to override the system once it clicks in.

Im surprised your TA did not warn you that you could be moved by underbooking .. any good TA should have mentioned this to you, as I guess you yourself didnt know? A TA knew .. at least I dont know how a TA could not have known you could get moved by underbooking .. same like if you booked a HC cabin. They might let you book it but you would get moved if it was needed.

It really is on your TA to have advised you. Its not Carnival's fault .. any TA would have known this ..Im thinking your TA assumed you would know this, so thats why they didnt bother to mention it .. since you set it up to be moved and all .. they just assumed you would know this, its pretty common knowledge.

I have run into this before where I had 2 passengers and planned to add a third later but Carnival would not let me book the 3 person room until the 3rd was added. It was explained to me that they hold them for people who are booking the full berth limit. :confused:

Called carnival again. Got a supervisor. I CAN book a 3 person room with just 2 of us and can do the upgrade.

However, you were all correct in that they can move us if someone needs the 3 person room.

Another however, and this may be to our advantage - there are currently only 3 rooms left in the 8C - there are no two rooms.

So hopefully we will be secure.

Have emailed TA and am waiting to hear back - I have told her that carnival recommended that we do a conference call.

Will let you know...

I'm surprised Carnival spoke with you since you have a TA. That's interesting.

Also curious why you want a 3 berth when you only have 2. Are you planning on adding someone later. No biggie...like I said...just curious.

Called carnival again. Got a supervisor. I CAN book a 3 person room with just 2 of us and can do the upgrade.

However, you were all correct in that they can move us if someone needs the 3 person room.

Another however, and this may be to our advantage - there are currently only 3 rooms left in the 8C - there are no two rooms.

So hopefully we will be secure.

Have emailed TA and am waiting to hear back - I have told her that carnival recommended that we do a conference call.

Will let you know...

If you upgrade to an 8B they are offering free upgrades to 8E. There is a 2 person cabin 9283 available on the Lido deck.(my favorite)

Bill

I GOT IT! Finally after 5 days.

TA had carnival on phone while I was on other phone. She said they could do it. I had two rooms I was looking at and they told me one was port side. So took that one.

There were no 2 person rooms left on ship in 8C - so chances of it being a problem are probably slim - and even if they have to move us it won't be to an 8C so they would have to upgrade.

From 8A to 8C was $70.

Haven't told hubby and if he doesn't catch it on credit card I will keep it as a surprise.

Hope all goes well.

Oh and they didn't mention the 8B with upgrade to 8E; we booked using VIFP # so maybe it wasn't available under that?- but I am ok with our empress deck midship 7396!

HI, the upgrade from 8A to 8C/D/E do not apply to us. We do have a VIFP # but have never cruised. So our discounts fall into a seperate area and do NOT include the upgrades.

But for $70 I went up two classes so can't complain and that $70 is all I would have saved if we had sailed already.

Thanks again,

HI, the upgrade from 8A to 8C/D/E do not apply to us. We do have a VIFP # but have never cruised. So our discounts fall into a seperate area and do NOT include the upgrades.

But for $70 I went up two classes so can't complain and that $70 is all I would have saved if we had sailed already.

Thanks again,

I remember you posting the 8A was above a lounge and you were concerned so I know why you moved!!

btw just because there are no 8Cs now means nothing about there being more later. I know on one cruise, we were sure I would get a higher category with a gty, that was all that was left. 8 days before my cruise, the upsell fairy started making calls .. and freed up those lower categories just fine. I did not get one of the available cabins .. and this could happen to you too. Just dont assume if no 8Cs now, none will be there later... because you never know.

Crossing the toes and fingers and eyes!

Yes did talk to supervisor after 5 days of calling carnival direct. Finally got the upgrade today.

Now i have to decide on whether to keep the Steakhouse reservation i made or put that $70 towards the upgrade.

Decisions Decisions....

Archived