Switching rooms?

I have friends that just got on the destiny and were told they can switch rooms because there son is under 25? They have a balcony and he has an interior across the hall from them I know the rules that someone has to be over 25 but I have help so many people do this and have read on this board about other people switching , so now I want to know if anyone else has ever been told no. Thanks for the info

Carnivals website specifically states Guests under 25 can have their own room, but it has to be directly across the hall, or within 3 cabins on either side.

Anyone else think treating a 25 year old the same as a 12 year old is assanine?

At 24 I was managing director for an IT firm -- yet couldn't take a cruise by myself?!?

Oh my I didn't know this. Wow. Good thing I didn't try to cruise on my honeymoon. We were 18 and 19 years old.

Would they not let a married couple cruise if they hadn't reached the age of 25 yet?

As you can see in the link I posted- at the bottom of the quick fact sheet- "exceptions to minor guest policy" include legally married couples.

worse comes to worse, if they say no, you can get extra key cards and sleep where you want.

after someone said her underage kids across in a inside set fire to the cabin while she slept, I dont blame them if they said no.

She didn't say her kids set fire to the cabin, they were smoking and set off the alarm- big difference.

At booking my TA had to put me in one cabin with my two 15-yos and my wife in another with our 20-yo. Once on board the 20-yo and I went to guest services and switched rooms. Took about 2 minutes with zero hassle.

At booking my TA had to put me in one cabin with my two 15-yos and my wife in another with our 20-yo. Once on board the 20-yo and I went to guest services and switched rooms. Took about 2 minutes with zero hassle.

Were your cabins in close proximity? If so, it sounds like the TA needs to read Carnival's rules. My minor children are booked in their own cabin right next to mine, and I never had to have an adult booked with them. This is consistent with the policy a pp posted above. Hopefully next time you can show this to the TA and just book how you want to.

Were your cabins in close proximity? If so, it sounds like the TA needs to read Carnival's rules. My minor children are booked in their own cabin right next to mine, and I never had to have an adult booked with them. This is consistent with the policy a pp posted above. Hopefully next time you can show this to the TA and just book how you want to.

it depends what rate they book at because some rates like eraly saver and now past guest can only be done online and will not let you book them.

Archived