All about Norfork

niceguy6505

There is a parking deck right accross the street from the cruise terminal. You will want to drop off your luggage then go park.

The area is mostly commercial/business so not a lot of attractions. The USS Wisconsin battleship is right next to the cruise terminal. Its been set up as a museum ship. I am not sure of the operating times, but its an option.

I really can't help on the food as we drove up on the day we left so we just ate onboard the ship.

Have you tried the Norfolk terminal website?

http://www.cruisenorfolk.org/

Safe travels!

The Battleship Wisconsin is part of the adjacent Nauticus Maritime Museum which is literally next door to the cruise terminal. Lots of family activities and Naval history exhibits at the museum. Also, within a few blocks... some nice restaurants, some less-expensive funky eateries, and MacArthur Center - which is an upscale shopping mall that includes a Nordstrom, Dillards, and a bunch of nice specialty shops and more restaurants.

Like the other posters have said, google the area, and Half Moone Cruise terminal to find out more. Norfolk is an attractive, vibrant city - and IMO, pretty easy to cruise out of.

Need to know all about Norfork parking hotels precruise where to eat and and anything of interest concerning cruising out of Norfork Thanks in advance.

Hello. The downtown Norfolk area is a very busy area. There are multiple hotels in the downtown area. The hotels are: Norfolk Marriott Waterside, Marriott Courtyard, Residence Inn by Marriott, and the Sheraton Waterside, these hotels are all within a one mile radius of the cruise terminal. There are multiple parking garages in the downtown area that will offer cruise parking (City of Norfolk sets the rates) right now $15 per day. Carnival uses a remote lot on the east side of downtown Norfolk and charges $15 per day and shuttles you to the ship (about a 5-10 minute ride). Warning about the lot that Carnival uses: it is near to a public housing project that is known as a high crime area. Park at your own risk is all I can say about that.

As far as dining and shopping the Granby Street area is the place to go. There are many restaurants to choose from running from pubs and bars to fine dining. There is also as mentioned MacAuthur Mall for all your shopping needs in the downtown area. Other options are the Waterside Shops for dining and limited shopping. If you come in early there is Town Point Park adjacent to the terminal where you can stroll or kick off your shoes and sit to watch boats on the Elizabeth River, there is the Nauticus Maritime Museum which includes the WWII Battleship Wisconsin, or if you don't mind travelling in the area there is the Va. Beach oceanfront (25 minute drive) or Busch Gardens Williamsburg Theme Park (45 minute drive), and other attractions in the Colonial Williamsburg area.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Can someone please tell me the best way to get to the cruise port in Norfolk from an airport area hotel? And how much? I don't know what to do tomorrow and the cab company was. Told to call won't give me an estimate. Ugh

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...