QM2 price hike

cruiserking

Contrary to discussion on these boards that would have the QM2 waning in popularity and slashing prices to stay afloat, the opposite must be true as Cunard is now raising prices.

Just learned from my TA that Cunard has once again altered their cabin classifications aboard QM2. A new cabin catagory has been implemented; A2 will replace the former B2 at a significantly higher rate.

The former B2's (deck 11) now refer to in hull cabins. It will also cost you a premium to book a mid-ship cabin location as opposed to forward or aft. Another catagory A1 I'm assuming are the former B1's it's a bit confusing.

I'm not sure if it's a boon in sales or just someone at Princess trying to jump start the QM2 profit margin. It's frustrating to have so many changes at Cunard these days.

Cruiserking

Some further clarification the new A2 cabins are forward and aft deck locations, the A1's are mid ship on deck 11 and 12. Princess grade will now include Princess one, two and three. I'm sure Queen's Grill also has some changes.

I just wonder if the new A1 cabins will still have a bottle of champagne awaiting or perhaps just a bottle of steak sauce instead.

Cruiserking

Ciaobella,

According to a Cunard ticket agent I spoke with today the new QM2 pricing grades begin as of April 2006. A1 cabins are Deck 12 and mid ship on Deck 11, A2 are forward and aft on Deck 11, A3 cabins are the unobstructed cabins that are forward on deck 8.

All retrograded A - cabins are still classified as Britannia. Also disapointed to learn there will be no QM2 Caribbean round trips from New York in 2006. There is a only a 12 night NY-Ft. Lauderdale sailing to the Caribbean on December 2.

If in fact the QM2 makes her maiden world cruise in 2007, that means there will not be any Caribbean trips from New York for a while.

Cruiserking

Archived