Scuba Girl - question on taxi to Atlantis

REAMMI

Hi Scuba Girl. First of all thank you. I have learned so much from your responses to others. I am traveling with my family and my brothers family. We will be in Nassau on Thursday 8/9/12. We already have our day passes to Atlantis (thru Majestic) but was wondering if there were any taxis that could accomodate a party of 10? We can definitely split up without a problem but figured I would ask. I know that sometimes the taxi is actually a van that can accomodate large parties. Thanks in advance for your response!!!!

Actually just thought of another question!!! I have read that the taxi fare is $4 per person from the port to Atlantis plus the $1 toll. I live in NJ where the tolls are outrageous so is that $1 for the toll or $1 per person towards the toll?

Hi there,

I'm not Scubagirrl but I think I can help. Yes, they do have larger vans that can take 10 people. We did that once with a group. But it might take a while for them to call one over, so you might consider splitting up if you don't want to wait.

I thought the toll was $1 per vehicle. Usually the driver will just ask someone to hand him a dollar. We've had some drivers just pay the dollar himself. Don't forget to tip.

Have fun!

Hi there,

I'm not Scubagirrl but I think I can help. Yes, they do have larger vans that can take 10 people. We did that once with a group. But it might take a while for them to call one over, so you might consider splitting up if you don't want to wait.

I thought the toll was $1 per vehicle. Usually the driver will just ask someone to hand him a dollar. We've had some drivers just pay the dollar himself. Don't forget to tip.

Have fun!

Correct... $4 pp/ large vans, $1 per vehicle.

Coming back may be different, $11 for 2 ppl/ $3 for ea. add'l person. No toll.

Watch your timing coming back over the bridge. Traffic starts to back up around 4:30pm - 7pm.. it can take the good part of an hour to get back to the ship at that time.

Correct... $4 pp/ large vans, $1 per vehicle.

Coming back may be different, $11 for 2 ppl/ $3 for ea. add'l person. No toll.

Watch your timing coming back over the bridge. Traffic starts to back up around 4:30pm - 7pm.. it can take the good part of an hour to get back to the ship at that time.

Awesome - thank you both!!!!!

Archived